The newly formed Data Strategy and Governance team supports key functions across the business by utilizing innovative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of experts in data governance, data quality, data integration, data modeling, and data channeling, as well as reporting and dashboards.
As the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, You will be responsible for designing and building standard reports, dashboards, and data visualizations, using business intelligence tools like Tableau and MicroStrategy, to provide business insights for senior management and other stakeholders across Hilton.
What will I be doing?
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing well-organized and insightful reports, dashboards, and other forms of data visualizations to support strategic, tactical and operational business decisions
- Collaborating with the Data Integration and Architecture team in defining the architecture of data sources that will support reporting requirements
- Working with the technical and functional teams to identify data anomalies and ensure report accuracy
- Managing and supporting ad-hoc projects to provide business insights, intelligence, or business process efficiency and improvements
- Providing training and support to end users on the use of the report and dashboard solutions
- Gathering and validating reporting requirements (key data elements, report owners, objects, etc.) using functional design documents
- Assisting in translating requirements into tangible deliverables and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing
- Assisting with the data quality process to ensure the integrity of data sources consumed by reporting
- Designing and implementing the reporting semantic layer used in the definition of reports and datasets
- Overseeing the successful distribution and communication to relevant stakeholders through Analytics Portal
- Designing workflows to automate data ingestion, validation and report delivery mechanisms
- Helping define the data sourcing and API strategy, in collaboration with the Data Architecture and Integration team and IT
- Supporting the reporting needs of business stakeholders in a timely and professional manner
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the ability to:
- Understand the business and rationalize the reporting design to directly answer the key business requirements
- Identify and develop the appropriate dataset objects (reports, filters, metrics, etc.) to support the development of Business Intelligence solutions
- Adhere to the project plan and finding opportunities for shorten the development timeline
- Demonstrate a deep technical knowledge across the different stages of the development life cycle of BI platforms
- Proactively identify and propose alternatives to improve the stability, performance, and accuracy of the reporting infrastructure
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: three (3) years working in the field of Analytics
- Minimum Years of Experience: two (2) years of experience creating reports, dashboards, and/or summarizing large amounts of data into actionable intelligence to drive business decisions
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.):
- Experience with leading Business Intelligence tools, preferably MicroStrategy or Tableau
- Demonstrated hands-on experience using SQL and pl/SQL for performing data profiling, formatting, and ad hoc analysis
- Advanced Microsoft and Excel and PowerPoint skills; advanced presentation skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Education: BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or another related field of study
- Functional experience in Hospitality
- Working experience with Master Data Management tools like Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Apache Atlas, Collibra, DataStage
- End-to-end understanding of the data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
- Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (data quality, data operations, BI, Data WH, Data Lake)
- Experience using R or other statistical analysis and data mining tools
- Working knowledge of Web Services architecture and components like Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Web Services Description Language (WSDL), and/or RESTful web services
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts and relational data models
- Familiarity with Agile Project Management
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible