Hilton''s Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton''s commercial engine and are key to Hilton''s ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
The primary responsibilities of this position are to design, develop, and deploy business strategies that are innovative and impactful for the All-Suites and Focused brand category hotels, and, lead all aspects of the Commercial Focus process.
The role will exercise sound judgment in the development of commercial strategy, influencing key cross-functional teams (e.g., Sales, Revenue, Marketing) to drive execution of strategy to achieve commercial performance objectives across all business segments to All Suites & Focused brand hotels.
This includes, but is not limited to, development and communication of company commercial strategies and standards through a structured commercial cadence and analysis of Brand revenue performance against established goals.
More specifically, you will:
As the Senior Commercial Director, you should have strong leadership, communication, and networking skills. In this role, you will have the responsibility of delivering market leading commercial performance throughout the All Suite & Focused Brands. You will be accountable for the development and execution of a commercial strategy and supporting tactics that achieves the targets of the Brands over the short, medium and long term. This role leads and drives a committed focus on maximizing revenue and market share across the Brands and all segments of business.
Liaise with the Global Brand Category Heads and serve as the commercial leader of their business, facilitate the delivery of the respective commercial plan, and will integrate the business processes with other Commercial functions including, Hilton Worldwide Sales, Americas Marketing (including Destination Marketing), and Revenue Management.
Key corporate responsibilities include:
- Enhance business strategy by developing and leading planning through to execution using the Hilton Commercial Focus process.
- Develop and lead programs aimed at driving hotels into key commercial platforms, especially RMCC, LMS and ResMax
- Craft the multi-year performance targets annually by Area, Segment, Market, and Size.
- Build positive relationships with commercial leadership (e.g., Hampton Commercial Director, Revenue Management, Marketing, Sales and HWS and Brand Sales partners) by assisting in the design of the Annual Multi-Year Brand Strategic Initiatives and Commercial Strategy.
- Responsible for building short, medium & long term strategy and plan to deliver sustained above market revenue and market share performance.
- Actively engage enterprise commercial performance teams to connect the needs of the brand hotels with the performance drivers within the enterprise commercial teams.
- Advocate Brand specificity among all Commercial functions.
- Provide input and actively participate in the Brand Commercial Focus and performance meetings and sequentially report out performance needs and plans.
- Accountable for commercial activity and performance reporting for All Suite and Focus brand hotels. i.e. status callouts and response plans.
- Maintain deep understanding of current industry trends and potential risks, actively designs strategies to counter the potential negative impact, develop strategies to benefit from potential positive impacts, and memorializes the results.
- Maintain up to date view on current affairs in the All Suites (extended stay) and Focused (select service) segments.
- Build a cross-functional team of commercial leaders to ensure transparency, relevance, and timeliness of articulating commercial performance targets, potential gaps (strengths & weaknesses), and strategy plan progress.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong ability to craft highly professional presentations and communications (oral and written)
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to provide analytic support
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree or ten (10) years of experience in Revenue Management, Finance or similar business background
- Seven (7) years in Sales, Marketing, Revenue Management, or Analytical roles
- Five (5) years cross-functional experience in hotel management, or related industry, essential. Cross brand or product line experience preferred
- Four (4) years of Management experience
- Ability to travel on short notice and adaptable to schedule changes. There is potential for significant travel (50% )
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master''s Degree
- Ten (10) years working in Revenue Management, Sales, Marketing, or Analytical roles
- Seven (7) years of Director experience
- Adaptable experience in Sales, Marketing, or Revenue Management
- Deep understanding of business strategy, business planning, and business plan development
- Strong experience in large matrix organizations
- Experience with Hilton software programs
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Revenue Management
- Starting in
- As soon as possible