From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton''s Global Technology team builds the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Developer, Android Honors – Platform Maturity, you will own the design, development, documentation, and troubleshooting of our Hilton Honors Android application in addition to new technology projects involving Android. You should have a real passion for the latest technology trends and be willing to share new technology opportunities with the broader team.
- Implement new requirements within our Agile delivery methodology while following our established architectural principles
- Write clean, concise code that is stable, extensible and unit-tested appropriately
- Communicate frequently and effectively with other engineers on the team in addition to our product managers, scrum masters and creative team
- Build working proofs of concept with detailed documentation
- Debug and resolve production issues as needed
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Good social skills with an aptitude for building and maintaining positive relationships. We are seeking someone with a real passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to bring about change
- Communication skills that lend to consulting with partners to understand detailed requirements. This includes excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening combined with analytical skills that allow a natural ease in diving into research, data, and industry trends
- Presentation skills that will help us put our best foot forward. This includes assisting with compiling presentations to communicate progress and success
- Proven leadership and management skills, particularly in influence management and conflict resolution
- Dedication to further developing skills with a hunger for learning and growing professional and technical knowledge
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Five (5) years professional experience
- Two (2) years as a developer
- Two (2) years of full-cycle software development, preferably in an agile environment. Experience should include all of the following: design, coding, testing, release, and maintenance
- One (1) year of Android application development, including Android Studio, Gradle and Git
- Experience in or knowledge of REST, JSON/GSON, SQLite, Dagger, RxJava, Retrofit and Realm
- Experience with architectural design patterns such as MVVM, MVP and MVC
- Deep understanding of Java and Android SDK
- Familiarity with agile software tools such as JIRA
- Travel 10% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BS Bachelor''s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Six (6) years professional experience
- Three (3) years of Android application development, including Android Studio, Gradle and Git
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development
- Deep understanding of Kotlin
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Addison, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible