Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton''s performance.
The Analytics Team serve as internal consultants to key functions across the business, including Hilton''s customer, marketing, digital revenue and sales organizations, with specialized support for the executive leadership team. The team consists of both embedded subject matter experts, who serve as strategic advisors to key partners, and more technical teammates, who are proficient in Tableau, R, SAS and MicroStrategy. The team is fully integrated within the business functions in order to ensure positive partnerships and more effectively measure and drive company performance.
Reporting to the Vice President, Analytics, you will be responsible for serving as a strategic business partner who seeks to understand business issues and consistently uses data and analytics to develop engaging insights to improve financial and operational performance. Your team will work in collaboration with spokes, analytic managers embedded with business partners and centralized hubs, who work cross-functionally and connect the different analytic teams and partners on advanced analytic projects - making a positive impact, the spokes are spread out geographically based on their business partner location, with the Digital Product spokes in Dallas, Marketing spokes in McLean, EMEA, and APAC.
What will I be doing?
This is a rare chance to create the best in class Digital and Marketing Analytics team at a legendary company. Think of this as tearing down a house, salvaging the best parts, and building a brand new house from the data foundation up with an important budget. Starting with the data infrastructure, everything in the D&A org is being built as part of a massive undertaking to modernize Hilton''s analytics capabilities. Business partners are passionate about the change and eager to partner with you to help make sure things get built to last.
More specifically, you will be:
- Delivering Hilton''s Digital and Marketing data strategy and helping the Governance team build a unified data infrastructure while driving the vision forward
- Integrating strongly with teams and driving performance from a positive perspective
- Partnering with leadership to understand the business pain-points and identifying insights using advanced techniques such as incrementality analyses, marketing attribution for channel and budget optimization, and multi-variate product testing
- Delivering self-service reporting/dashboards and advanced analytics insights integrated into business decision-making
- Leading a geographically and functionally distributed team and making it work as one team by building an environment of continuous learning and cross-functional engagement
- Skilling up existing team to be technically proficient with SQL, MicroStrategy, R, and Adobe Workspace
- Being comfortable saying I don''t know! confidently and then saying, …but we can figure this out together!
- Building a formal and informal network within Hilton to help you onboard quickly and effectively navigate the landscape with positive, impactful results
- Working with other DNA leads to establish cross-functional processes. You''ll need their help to figure out critical things like: prioritizing for data assets in the Data Lake, tools your team needs, shared organizational value
- Being an ambassador for DNA, publicizing wins, realistic timelines, and generating positive vibes through building strong and lasting relationships
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s degree in applicable field
- Seven (7) years of professional experience
- Four (4) years using a Web Analytics platform and enterprise reporting platform
- Three (3) years running a Marketing Analytics team and a Digital Product team
- Basic understanding of SQL skills
- Intermediate scripting language skills (R, SAS, Python, etc)
- Marketing Attribution experience (multi-touch and marketing mix modelling)
- Monthly travel
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master''s degree
- Ten (10) years of professional experience
- Four (4) years using Adobe Analytics Suite
- Digital Architecture experience
- Marketing Agency experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible