***This role can be based in our Corporate office in McLean, VA or Dallas, TX***
The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton''s portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Director, Enterprise Social Media, you will report to the Global Vice President of Social Media. You will lead the Enterprise Social Engagement team and drive Hilton''s enterprise social media strategy and governance, and our social media content calendar. You will build and run a high-performing global team, while partnering broadly across the company (Corporate Affairs, Brand Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Digital Acquisition, Hilton Honors, Digital Product, Human Resources, etc.) You will create the foundational capabilities and tools to power premier, award-winning social media strategy and execution.
You will be a key leader of the newly built Global Social Media Center of Excellence, which will drive and lead social media for the company. You will plan and execute an enterprise social media content strategy to include our platform strategy and the enterprise content calendar. You will innovate and evolve enterprise social programs, which effectively leverage our team members as Influencers for Hilton.
More specifically, you will:
- Create and share social media standard methodologies with both corporate and local property-level partners.
- Design and execute processes that drive increased collaboration across social media initiatives globally.
- Fashion listening strategies to inform Marketing, the business, and engagement opportunities, as well as craft social engagement rules and practices for the team.
- Partner collaboratively with Legal and Public Relations (PR) to provide mentorship and guidelines for social media execution.
- Empower and support destination marketing as well as local property social media strategy and execution.
- Generate conversations around our owned social media content and develop and execute a real-time engagement strategy.
- Work reciprocally with Customer Care, Brand Marketing and local properties to manage engagement strategy and workflow.
- Partner with the Performance and Insights team to measure the overall performance of social channels, articulating the business'' critical metrics and the impact of social media marketing and engagement.
- Recruit and champion top talent. This includes cultivating a high-performing environment and building a performance driven, dynamic, and highly engaged team.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Real passion for the dynamic, changing nature of digital and social channels
- Curiosity and interest in innovation fueled by consumer insight and an understanding of key business drivers
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence others in a highly matrixed environment
- Confident communication of ideas to senior executive and owner audiences
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Ten (10) years of experience working in consumer marketing, advertising and/or consulting
- Three (3) years leading a Marketing group inside a Business to Consumer (B2C) organization
- Significant experience leading digital content leaders and teams, including writers, video producers, social media teams, creative agencies, and other digital content creators
- Deep knowledge of the main global social media platforms and experience using social media tools and technology
- Experience successfully developing, pitching, producing and selling videos
- Experience running department operations, including strategy, talent, and budgets
- Deep understanding of the multi-channel digital media landscape, as well as the challenges, and opportunities for expansion and growth within the entertainment, lifestyle and leisure categories
- Up to 20% travel
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master''s Degree in Business Administration
- Five to seven (5-7) years managing a team
- Three to five (3-5) years of digital and social media experience
- Three to five (3-5) years of Paid Media experience
- Content marketing and acquisition marketing experience with search, social, email and/or other paid channels
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible