Hilton''s Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) runs the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provide Hilton Team Members the chance for meaningful career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
You will direct safety, security, fire protection, surveillance, investigations and the loss prevention program for the protection of our company''s owned and managed assets. At Hilton, you will own responsibility for the safety and security directors within the Americas regions (East, Central, Pacific and Latin America). In this role, you will analyze our statistical data to allocate resources for high risk areas, assist the Vice President (VP) with analysis and response to governmental regulatory initiatives, while representing the company in the loss prevention-related industry, regulatory affairs and trade associations when assigned. In addition, you will take charge of crisis management programs for hotels and regional areas, while working closely with all field operations at the hotels to ensure they are meeting established procedures and policies to reduce loss.
Are you ready to take on this challenging opportunity? Specific details include:
- As a self-starter, lead global perspective and business continuity management program efforts from a hotel operations perspective
- You will use analytics skills to evaluate the effectiveness of claims management activities at the hotel level to minimize direct or indirect costs.
- You will be a self-starter to assess, lead, and supervise investigations at corporate and owned/managed properties within the Americas region.
- Your expertise will provide technical and project management services for related (CCTV, locks, access control, fire safety, asset protection) system improvement and upgrade projects for hotels.
- You will lead and direct the Special Events security response.
- You will take ownership for multiple coordinating responsibilities, including coordinating special projects as directed by the VP, coordinate terrorism response to increase threat levels, and provide assistance to teams in locations with natural disasters. You will lead crisis management programs and training exercises worldwide, working together to provide expertise and/or risk assessments for hotel operations and new initiatives.
- Direct the hotel Loss Prevention audit program with appropriate follow-up reports, benchmarking and recommendations to the VP and hotel General Managers for assigned properties
- Resolve staffing needs and assist with the recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and developing of departmental leaders
- Work with direct reports on goals to assist in accomplishing department initiatives, and their own career objectives, while you review and evaluate progress and performance of the team
- We need you to ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State and local requirements, including OSHA and fire/life safety statutes and regulations for Hilton assigned properties.
- Assess actual performance against standards to understand whether the department is on target to reach its goals and take corrective actions as necessary
- Assist in prosecution efforts resulting from covert surveillance or investigations
- Conduct audits on a monthly basis at all hotels within the region
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to direct collaborative efforts of direct reports
- Excellent interpersonal and strong analytical skills
- Evaluate and identify strategic opportunities
- Strong presence and ability to interact effectively with senior management
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively analyze significant amounts of data and information, and communicate key points to senior management
- High-energy self-starter capable of completing a diverse workload, at a high-quality, within strict timelines
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s degree or a High School Degree/GED and ten (10) years of safety and security experience
- Two (2) years of managerial experience at the Director level
- Travel up to 60%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MS/MA Master''s Degree
- Four (4) years of Director level managerial experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible