***This role can be based in our Corporate office in McLean, VA or Dallas, TX***
The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton''s portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Director, Social Media Marketing, you will report to the Global Vice President of Social Media. You will craft and execute the enterprise-wide social media marketing strategy for all of Hilton''s global brands. You will build and lead a high performing global team and partner broadly across the company (Corporate Affairs, Brand Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Digital Acquisition, Hilton Honors, Digital Product, Human Resources, etc). You will build the foundational capabilities and tools to power premier, award-winning social media strategy and execution.
You will be a key leader of the newly created Global Social Media Center of Excellence (COE), which will drive and lead social media for the company. You will play a meaningful role in translating business objectives into social strategies and campaigns to deliver business impact. You will develop and execute social media strategies and content for each of our 14 brands in collaboration with our Brand Marketing, Enterprise Marketing and Public Relations teams. You will craft our approach to content, including our influencer strategy to deliver on brand and business goals.
More specifically, you will:
- Maintain relationships with internal and external partners to inspire and deliver best-in class break-through creative work.
- Collaborate with our Media and Marketing Performance & Insights teams to develop strategic paid media plans, learning agendas and robust measurement plans for our initiatives in social.
- Work with the Brand Marketing, Regional Marketing, and Destination Marketing teams to craft both globally relevant and local content when needed.
- Inform and engage colleagues and key partners in the work of the COE by sharing social media standard methodologies, the business impact of social as well as our wins and insights.
- Develop and run a social media marketing budget, including the ratio of working to non-working dollars, monthly/quarterly forecasting, and actuals reconciliation.
- Recruit and champion top talent. This includes fostering a high-performing environment and building a performance driven, dynamic, and highly engaged team.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Your passion for the dynamic, changing nature of digital and social media channels
- Your curiosity and interest in innovation fueled by consumer insight and an understanding of key business drivers
- Your ability to collaborate and influence others in a highly matrixed environment
- Your confident communication of ideas to senior executive and owner audiences
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Ten (10) years of experience working in consumer marketing, advertising and/or consulting
- Three (3) years leading a Marketing group inside a business-to-consumer (B2C) organization
- Significant experience leading digital content leaders and teams including writers, video producers, social media teams, creative agencies, and other digital content creators
- Successfully developing, pitching, producing and selling videos
- Experience running department operations, including strategy, talent, and budgets
- Deep understanding of the multi-channel digital media landscape, as well as the challenges, and opportunities for expansion and growth within entertainment, lifestyle and leisure categories
- Up to 20% travel
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master''s Degree in Business Administration
- Five to seven (5-7) years managing a team
- Three to five (3-5) years of digital and social media experience
- Three to five (3-5) years of Paid Media experience
- Content marketing and acquisition marketing experience with search, social, email and/or other paid channels
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible