***This position can be based out of one of two corporate office locations: Memphis, TN or Dallas, TX***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton''s Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Lead Application Security Architect, you will drive information security practices and processes for application development throughout the organization. You will also develop, craft, and maintain security strategies, requirements, standards, and guidelines. You will manage the compliance of systems design and architecture against Hilton''s policies and standards as a function of an end-to-end SDLC project lifecycle.
You will play a meaningful role in maintaining the controls that enable our organization to operate efficiently, cost effectively, and within compliance standards. You will draft and assist others in interpreting, understanding, and applying information security policies and standards to mitigate information security risks. You will work closely with other members of the Information Security and Legal Compliance organizations, in a coordinated and focused manner.
More specifically, you will:
- Support the creation and maintenance of security architecture strategies, patterns, standards, and guidelines, which balance business priorities, information security risks, emerging threats, and standard methodology security application architecture to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Hilton information assets.
- Develop security solutions to meet the requirements of key partners to ensure that solutions are secure, technically proficient, performance efficient, and fit into Hilton''s architecture models.
- Dedicatedly support the evaluations of technologies and software products to determine the feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the Hilton product suite.
- Build to the ongoing collection, development, review, and adoption of architecture and development standards, and standard methodologies.
- Actively participate in the governance process associated with application security and technology standards.
- Conduct application security assessments and act as a security issue point for project teams.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Knowledge of hotel-based Information Technology (IT) systems and applications
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: Atlassian Stack, Node.js, React, Relay, Graphql, and NOSQL databases such as Couchbase
- Experience developing and authoring application security architectures, standards, and guidelines
- Experience communicating application security requirements and risk to IT teams and business partners
- Experience reviewing application design, software framework, and infrastructure to identify risks and vulnerabilities
- Capable of assessing underlying components (e.g., databases, servers), configuration, and security access controls
- Experience performing web application and web services (REST) security testing, as well as analyzing findings and providing mitigation recommendations
- Experience with static code scan tools (e.g., Fortify, Checkmarx) and dynamic scanning tools (e.g., Appscan, Burp, Qualys)
- Deep understanding of enterprise, network, system, and application-level security issues as well as enterprise computing environments and distributed applications
- Experience with industry standards, guidelines, and regulatory compliance requirements related to information security and cloud computing (e.g., GDPR, ISO 27001, Cloud Security Alliance, NIST 800-53, PCI DSS, SOC2)
- Deep understanding of encryption technologies, Java, Linux, and Microsoft implementations
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree or an Associate''s Degree plus eight (8) years of related IT experience or a High School Diploma/GED plus twelve (12) years of related IT experience
- Six (6) years of experience combined with exposure to product development and web development on J2EE platforms
- Travel up to 30% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master''s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- One (1) year of experience working with AWS/Azure Cloud design and architecture such as SaaS, IaaS, and/or PaaS
- Certifications in CISSP, CISM, CEH, CWSP, or GCWN
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible