Hilton Supply Management (HSM) uses their expertise to forecast and proactively manage our property''s supply chains, so hotel employees can focus on what''s important – the guest experience. With more than 6,000 hotels in our program (including over 1,500 non-Hilton-branded hotels), HSM drives massive economies of scale and negotiates competitive contracts with industry-leading suppliers – ensuring direct savings on the products their hotel partners use most.
What will I be doing?
In this role, you will report to the Director Project Supply. You will be responsible for reviewing drawings and specifications, developing scope sheets for different trades, reviewing bid estimates and scopes, comparing them with the bid drawings and specifications, using historic data to compare current bids from suppliers, coordinating with Project services-team throughout the bid process, and develop a comprehensive bid estimate. Additionally, we would love for you to assist brand leads with developing per key estimates on new and existing décor packages and any other initiatives.
- You will prepare and assist with bids and proposals for hospitality FE&E, OS&E projects, new build and renovation
- Prepare detailed per key cost estimates per hotel brand/generation/décor scheme to be used internally and externally for budget planning
- Work with the Project Procurement team to perform constructability analysis to identify concerns and/or risks that lead to errors, cost overruns and delays
- You will be inputting bid data accurately using various approved software systems
- To be successful you will consider alternatives to the scope of work to control costs
- Support the Development Team with preparing detailed estimates by trade
- Build cost calculator for prototype Focused Service brands, providing costs for prototype new build and renovation projects utilizing current décor packages
- Act as liaison with clients and other key internal and external partners (i.e., architects, engineers, etc.) to achieve maximum results and build customer relationships
- Identify scope gaps and overlaps by thoroughly reviewing the contract and trade scopes of work
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by identifying and participating in training programs
- Cultivate relationships with key vendors (Designers, architects etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Well-organized and reliable
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree and a minimum of five (5) years in Project Estimating, commercial or AutoCAD related experience, OR an Associate''s Degree plus a minimum of seven (7) years of Project Estimating, commercial or AutoCAD related experience
- Proficient with On-Screen Takeoff, or other estimating software
- Three (3) years of experience in construction management or a related field
- Experience with Flooring Calculating Software
- Ability to understand/explain and utilize ON-Center/ AutoCAD / Read Plans / Recognize pattern repeat issues
- Experience with hard bids, including conceptual and pre-construction budgeting
- Proficient in calculations/mathematics as it relates to carpet layouts and wallcoverings, pattern repeats, and yardage calculations is critical to your success
- Basic understanding of accounting and project management concepts
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) or other related certification is a plus
- Proven experience as a commercial or hospitality construction estimator
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible