Hilton is standing up a new Data and Analytics organization with the mission to create a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people, and processes intentionally employed to produce insights that help solve real business problems and empower the decision-making process.
As the Senior Manager of Dashboard Development, you will manage Business Intelligence Developers to create high quality dashboards that enable business decisions and insights throughout the enterprise.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager of Dashboard Development, you will need a strong combination of design, development, and data channeling skills and you will work to design, build, test, and deploy dashboards based upon business and technical requirements while defining architecture patterns and development standards.
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through:
- Sets of highly engaging and accurate dashboards, which will directly enable better decision making by the business
- Presenting and maintaining well documented guidance around design, architecture patterns and development standards, ensuring they are actively socialized across the BI Development community
- Proposing enhancements ahead of business asks
- Adhering to project plans and finding opportunities to shorten the development timeline
- A deep technical knowledge across multiple BI platforms
- Capacity management, development and motivation of high-performance team
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Lead the development of a Business Intelligence strategy, understand business requirements and partner with IT to implement dashboards
- Oversee the design, build, and test for an enterprise-wide dashboard suite
- Mobilize, align, and manage BI Developer Support teams, including resource allocation and capacity management
- Collaborate with the Data Sourcing Lead and IT on the API strategy
- Support BI strategy and tool management; collaborate with functional teams
- Review, approve, and/or deny functional and technical designs for dashboards
- Serve as the BI subject matter expert to the business by fielding BI related questions and conducting BI demos during training and innovation sessions
- Design, develop, test, and support the deployment of dashboard demand to the Data and Analytics Organization
- Develop a BI semantic layer for business consumption
- Meet with stakeholders to understand business requirements, create functional and technical designs, and document reporting artifacts
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or related field of study
- Minimum Years of Experience: Five (5) years of Business Analytics, Intelligence and measurement experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: Five (5) years of data analytics, reporting and interpretation experience supporting an enterprise across multiple business functions
- Minimum Years of Management Experience:
- Three (3) years of Project Management experience
- Two (2) years of experience managing teams and individuals
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.):
- Experience developing data visualizations and performing data analysis
- Deep experience with dashboard design and development enabled by BI tools (including Tableau, MicroStrategy, and/or Qlik) and performing data analysis
- Knowledgeable of data modeling, ETL, statistics, databases, servers and agile delivery
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills; advanced presentation skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Education: MA/MS Master''s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: Two (2) years of supervisory experience
- End-to-end understanding of the data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
- Functional experience in Hospitality
- Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (data quality, master data management, meta-data management, data operations, BI/Data WH/Data Lake, and data architecture)
- In-depth knowledge in at least one (1) information management discipline (data quality, master data management, meta-data management, data operations, BI/Data WH/Data Lake, and data architecture)
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible