The newly formed Data Strategy and Governance team supports key functions across the business by utilizing innovative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of experts in data governance, data quality, data integration, data modeling, data channeling, as well as reporting and dashboards.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Data Quality, you will be responsible for managing multiple data sources within the Commercial Services domain and applying proactive techniques to prevent data quality issues downstream, as well as ensuring a resolution of data quality issues and implementing proactive measures to improve data quality. A critical part of this role will be developing appropriate communication mechanisms to instill full trust in the data within the business stakeholders.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager of Data Quality, you will be responsible for:
- Implementing data quality management techniques to measure and improve the quality of data used by Hilton
- Defining processes for monitoring, measuring, and reporting compliance with acceptable levels of data quality (completeness, validity, consistency, timeliness, and accuracy)
- Creating a seamless process of problem detection, testing and fixing of the application to ensure quick recovery from challenges posed by source systems
- Coordinating with Data Owners and Business Data Stewards to identify critical data elements
- Driving the definition of data quality standards
- Overseeing the development of a data quality scorecard for Hilton
- Providing reports on ongoing enterprise data quality and data quality initiatives at Hilton
- Collaborating with Business Data Stewards and Information Technology (IT) Data Stewards to ensure the resolution of data quality issues
- Managing the execution of data quality initiatives, coordinating with Business Data Stewards and IT Data Stewards to implement the right solution
- Coordinating with Business Data Stewards and overseeing the definition of data quality requirements based on known business requirements, data quality issues, data quality resolution plan, and technology
- Overseeing the creation of data quality rules in data quality applications to enable business users to actively identify data quality issues
- Recommending processes and/or system enhancements to eliminate root causes and reduce probability of similar issues
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: Five (5) years of professional experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: Three (3) years of experience in data quality capabilities
- Minimum Years of Experience: Three (3) years of working with data integration, data governance, data life cycle management, and data quality
- Minimum Years of Experience: One (1) year of experience working with one (1) or more of the following: Master Data Management or Data Quality tools (Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Apache Atlas, Collibra) or other data management tools
- Management Experience (type): Supervisor/Manager: 1-3 People
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.):
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- End-to-end understanding of the data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Minimum Years of Experience: One (1) year of Project Management experience
- Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (data quality, data operations, BI, Data WH, Data Lake)
- Functional experience in Hospitality
- Expertise using BI tools including Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAS, etc.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible