The newly formed Data Strategy and Governance team supports key functions across the business by utilizing innovative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of experts in data governance, data quality, data integration, data modeling, data channeling, as well as reporting and dashboards.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Data Integration and Architecture, you will be responsible for owning core enterprise Digital, Marketing and related Master Data Management at Hilton and overseeing all aspects of Master Data Management including strategy, planning, management, integration and overall delivery. In this role, you will have close ties and overlap with Data Governance, Data Quality and Reporting functions.
What will I be doing?
The leader in this role must be a creative, innovative professional, a trusted partner with Business Data Owners, Analytics Center of Excellence (CoE) and IT, and a strong collaborator. You will need to ensure that fact data and master data are professionally organized and managed, business questions and analytics projects are met with highly agile data models or APIs, and the overall data modelling structure supports Hilton strategies.
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Driving the definition of metrics, dimensions, hierarchies and groupings, as well as managing the create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) processes
- Overseeing the coordination with Business Data Stewards to develop matching rules, identifying match attributes, and developing survivorship rules
- Providing and maintaining the authoritative source of reconciled, high-quality master and fact data
- Defining and maintaining the overview of metrics and dimensions across domains logically structured and documented at a semantic level, serving the specific needs of the business
- Overseeing Information Integration Analysts to support core master data management tasks
- Driving the planning and execution for enterprise master data (aligned by domain e.g. customer or property)
- Leveraging Information Integration Analysts to manage core master data
- Serving as the central point of contact for all master data within specific domains, coordinating with Business Data Stewards to ensure the quality of master data and with IT to ensure efficient flow of the data into the Data Lake
- Driving the maintenance of the authoritative source of reconciled, high-quality master data
- Defining the mapping for any systems that receive write-back of master data and coordinating with IT Architecture to implement the mapping
- Providing oversight of CRUD processes for customer master data
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: Five (5) years of professional experience in Business Analytics, Intelligence and Measurement environment
- Minimum Years of Experience: Three (3) years working within Data Management domains including strategy, planning, management, and technology solutions
- Minimum Years of Experience: Three (3) years of Project Management experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: Two (2) years supporting data integration, data governance, data life cycle management, data quality, and data strategy
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.):
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills; advanced presentation skills
- Expertise using BI tools including Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAS, etc.
- End-to-end understanding of the data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
- Proven expertise in managing Customer Data Masters
- Experience as a Supervisor or Manager of 1-3 People
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Minimum Years of Experience: One (1) year of experience with Customer Data Platforms (CDP) or Data Management Platforms (DMP)
- Experience working with Master Data Management and/or Metadata Management tools including Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Alation, Collibra, and/or other data management systems
- Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (data quality, data operations, BI, Data WH, Data Lake)
- Functional experience in Hospitality
- Experience leading high performing teams
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible