The Hilton portfolio of hotels is comprised of 14 industry leading and world-class brands. A dedicated team of industry experts in the domains of hospitality, brand management, innovation, food and beverage, wellness, owner relations, and more, lead our Brands organization with the steadfast goal of strengthening and growing the Hilton portfolio. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Canopy, DoubleTree, Curio Collection, Tapestry Collection, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Tru, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites, and Hilton Grand Vacations.
As the Salesforce Developer, you will be responsible for designing and developing technical solutions on the Global Brand Operations instance of Salesforce. You will work closely with the Solutions Architect and Administrator to translate business requirements into functional applications. In this role, you will also work on optimizations to the existing codebase and system architecture, with a focus on improving operational efficiency.
What will I be doing?
- Functioning as the technical lead for Salesforce and associated mobile application development projects
- Working with internal stakeholders to understand requirements, build functional design documentation, and develop technology solutions that align with business needs
- Designing, developing, testing and implementing highly customized Salesforce applications leveraging the Lightning Component Framework
- Maintaining existing codebase and identify opportunities for performance and feature improvements
- Troubleshooting technical issues and resolving bugs reported by users
- Producing and maintaining technical design documentation
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BS/BA Bachelor''s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or three (3) years of work experience in a developer, designer or technology role
- Three (3) years of experience developing custom applications on the Salesforce platform using Apex, Visualforce, SOQL, Triggers, Workflows and Process Builder
- Advanced knowledge of Lightning Experience configuration, features and architecture
- Experience implementing Salesforce Communities
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with external systems using the Salesforce.com API, as well as third-party integration tools (marketing automation, business intelligence, ETL)
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Java and C#
- Strong knowledge of data modelling concepts and database design
- Experience with relational database management systems such as MS SQL and Oracle
- Salesforce.com Certified Administrator
- Salesforce.com Certified Developer
- Some travel may be required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MS/MA Master''s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Four (4) years of professional work experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible