As Senior Manager of Strategic Initiatives, you will support the Customer Engagement, Loyalty and Partnerships (CELP) Leadership Team by driving key strategic projects that span across all teams. In this role, you will support the development and execution of the CELP annual plan and strategic roadmap to realize short, medium and long-term performance objectives. As Senior Manager of Strategic Initiatives, you will be serving as an internal consulting resource across CELP and Hilton, requiring working autonomously or collaboratively, depending on the project.
What will I be doing?
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the CELP Leadership Team to maintain and leverage a holistic view of all functions under the SVP including Honors, Strategic Partnerships, Customer Platforms and Customer Lifecycle
- Serving as the unifier of CELP priorities and pulling together the narrative for the Team
- Leading the coordination of content for operating meetings including Town Halls, Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews, off sites, etc.
- Partnering closely with Finance to drive annual budgeting across the CELP Leadership Team
- Conducting analyses, identifying insights, developing recommendations, preparing PowerPoint presentations and mobilizing resources for implementation
- Supporting or leading multiple strategy projects across cross-functional teams and/or external resources from need identification to execution, including coordination of subject matter experts in a highly matrixed environment
- Establishing and maintaining strong collaborative partnerships across HR, IT and Corporate Finance, as well as with key Commercial Services functions including Global and Regional Marketing, Retailing, Digital, Revenue Management, Global Brands and Sales
- Navigating unstructured challenges and creating a structured approach to exploit commercial opportunities, mitigate risks and prepare strategic ideas for implementation
- Aligning with other strategy teams including Global Brands, Sales and Corporate Strategy
- Immersing in the industry to identify emerging trends and potential disruptors to our business model
- Developing meeting agendas and capturing key actions and decisions, including following up to ensure completion of agreed upon actions
- Performing in a "hands on role", successful candidates will be well-rounded and able to support all aspects of strategy development and operational execution
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: Five (5) years of professional experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: Two (2) years working in a professional services organization, including management consulting, or with an internal consulting and/or strategy group within a Fortune 500-type company
- Minimum Years of Experience: Two (2) years conducting analytical analyses to make strategic recommendations
- Minimum Years of Experience: Two (2) years conducting market and/or competitive analyses to determine strategic opportunities, including with SWOT, Porter''s Five Forces and/or PESTEL
- Minimum Years of Experience: Two (2) years successfully collaborating with cross-functional teams and senior executives
- Additional qualifications:
- Previous experience developing annual plans, corporate budgets, narratives, as well as forecasts and strategic roadmaps for large enterprises
- Basic understanding of key corporate functions, including Finance, IT and HR
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings, as project needs and deadlines require
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Education: MA/MS Master''s Degree in Business Administration
- Minimum Years of Experience: Two (2) years developing annual plans, corporate budgets, narratives, forecasts and strategic roadmaps for large enterprises
- Previous experience in both a professional services organization, including management consulting, and an internal consulting and strategy group within a Fortune 500-type company
- Experience partnering with and presenting to senior executives
- Hospitality and/or travel industry experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- McLean, VA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible