Hilton''s Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton''s commercial engine and are key to Hilton''s ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
As a member of the Americas Commercial Services (ACS) strategy and planning team, you will act as a dynamic strategist and project manager, building positive relationships across corporate and hotel teams to identify, build, drive, and deliver solutions for the benefit of Hilton''s commercial engine. You will work directly with the Senior Director of ACS Strategy and Planning, to support and advance key strategic projects (Big Rocks) for the ACS Leadership team. You will support annual budgeting and strategic planning processes, the ongoing management of a portfolio of strategic projects, and select departmental and executive communications.
More specifically, you will:
- Collaborate with leadership to tackle problems and develop strategies that move their key priorities forward.
- Proactively identify, scope and execute strategy projects, ensuring the prioritization of Big Rocks.
- Partner with leadership to understand and articulate their team priorities, utilizing charters and/or budget requests.
- Serve as a strategy lead, project manager, and implementation advisor based upon the needs of the initiative.
- Facilitate working sessions to capture data, define solutions and cultivate agreement to move the plan forward.
- Direct quantitative and qualitative analyses to understand the current state and diagnose issues.
- Identify key partners critical to project success.
- Craft compelling messaging for major executive, departmental and internal team meetings and communications.
- Articulate recommendations and craft business cases and stories to gain consensus from executives and their teams.
- Engage with the Finance and ACS team to collect and prioritize project budget requests.
- Monitor ACS team project performance and report outs, including identifying and flagging risks across the project portfolio.
- Support the annual planning processes, including prioritization and budgeting.
What are we looking for?
- Uses good judgment, stabilizes their workload, and prioritizes work with the greatest impact
- Continuous improvement, including identifying and suggesting improvements that result in more impactful service for clients and/or customers
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization, including the Executive Committee
- Problem solver, who can resolve issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, fortitude, professionalism and integrity, this includes demonstrating an aptitude for effectively addressing any issue in collaboration with other team members
- Interpersonal teammates, who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Strong strategic and critical thinking, project management, problem resolution, presentation, facilitation, collaboration and influencing skills required
- Dedicated self-starter with a work attitude that exhibits flexibility, drive, good judgment and dependability
- Teammate, who communicates well with other teammates, while employing subtlety with high-level executives and customers within the organization on a global scale
- At ease with navigating unstructured challenges and has the ability to build and inspire teams for successful program delivery and operationalization
- Experience serving as a thought partner and an advisor to leaders specifically on sales, revenue management, pricing, and channel distribution topics
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Five (5) years of professional work experience
- Three (3) years of working in a collaborative/matrixed environment
- Two (2) years of experience collaborating with senior leaders on strategic projects
- One (1) year of project and change management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel up to 30% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Management/Strategy consulting experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Prosci Change Management Certification and/or willingness to obtain PMP Certification within one (1) year of hire
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration