Hilton''s Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager, US Corporate Order to Cash (OTC), you will partner with the Director of US Corporate OTC on the accounting and reporting for the company''s revenue, billing and accounts receivable functions. The team will depend on you to handle and lead daily/period duties and month-end close.
- Hire and continuously build positive partnerships with immediate team members through meaningful training, developmental opportunities, etc.
- Provide financial advice to leadership and business partners based on planning and analysis.
- Lead variance analysis, evaluation, analysis of business performance, ad-hoc reporting requests, and recommend actions to meet Hilton financial objectives.
- Review and signoff on management agreement checklists, non-standard franchise agreement checklists, key money tracker, franchise fee tracker, incentive fee tracker, TSA and preopening fee tracker, application fee tracker, management agreement tracker, franchise agreement tracker, various close call schedules, and other reports/projects completed by direct reports to ensure proper GAAP accounting.
- Provide direction to the Corporate OTC team to continuously improve initiatives that are aligned with management objectives through timely variance analysis, summary of significant transactions, and other pre-close materials to ensure the team is on target and, if not, take corrective actions as necessary.
- Oversee third-party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, valuation specialists, software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled to arrive at appropriate accounting conclusions and disclosures.
- Handle monthly closing, revenue recognition compliance, maintenance of ledger accounts and reporting schedules, document retention, and client reporting.
- Manage process for establishing, changing, running, reconciling, and validating hotel fee allocations.
- Review key closing journal entries and other reports/projects completed by the outsourcing provider to ensure proper GAAP accounting.
- Oversee the SOX control environment for the close and gross up process, supporting the Director in attestation sign-offs to control effectiveness in MetricStream.
- Review and approve all DTDF sweep requests for receivables due from managed hotels and AR refunds over the OTC Manager''s approval limit.
- Build and maintain a cooperative partnership with Global Corporate Accounting Controller to support forecast and analysis, RTR teams, Research and Policy, Internal Audit, Treasury and Operations Finance.
- Evaluate and streamline business processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Operate within established budgetary parameters.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for problem solvers who are upbeat and passionate about solving hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships and coaching others is the best way to bring projects to completion. Further, success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Leaders who are comfortable with mentorship, providing performance feedback to reports, and communicating results and areas for improvement all while leading by example
- Collaborative and organized supervisors who provide dynamic trainings for their team, both in the reporting and compliance functions
- Interpersonal communicators who will positively influence Hilton''s partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Self-starters who take initiative in implementing goals, operate with a cool-head under time constraints, and possesses adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals who have a deep understating of project management and effectively exceed in meeting deadlines, communicating results, and recommending improvements
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/ BS Bachelor''s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Five (5) years of professional Accounting experience
- Three (3) years of managerial experience
- Deep understanding of US GAAP principals and requirements, specifically those related to tax reporting
- Ability to travel up 10% of the time
- Excellent proficiency in computer skills (Excel, Word, and Windows)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MS/MA Master''s Degree or CPA
- Seven (7) years of professional Accounting experience
- Five (5) years of managerial experience
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible