As the Senior Payroll Accountant, you will be responsible for performing analysis, reporting and journal entry preparation for various functions for Corporate, US owned and managed properties as related to Payroll. You will ensure all functions are completed in timely manner for Payroll month end close. In this role, you will prepare balance sheet account reconciliations as well maintain and demonstrate an understanding of the account balance and provide explanations for variances to meet all Hilton and SOX compliance. You will also oversee the payroll funding processes to the outside wage payment vendor. Under general supervision, you will be responsible for moderately complex accounting activities supporting the accurate and timely closing of the general ledger.
What will I be doing?
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing the payroll funding process to the outside vendor, including reconciliation of payments, voids, stop payments, and all the accounting-related processes
- Preparing journal entries required for month end accounting close ensuring compliance with Corporate Accounting Policy
- Performing and maintaining queries reports for analyzing data used in month end accounting close
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts; researching and analyzing findings to ensure accuracy of accounts; documenting and demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the balance as well the current month changes
- Preparing reports and answer questions from both internal and external auditors including state agency inquires
- Developing and maintaining a constructive and cooperative working relationship within Corporate Accounting and Operations Finance teams
- Working with payroll team for testing requirements, mapping of earnings and deduction codes to appropriate GL accounts
- Researching and responding to information requests from various corporate departments and management
- Seeking to improve and implement new functionality to increase efficiencies and streamlining within the department
- Utilizing records management program for filing, protecting and retrieval of journal entries and other records; ensure compliance with policy
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum Years of Experience: Three (3) years of experience in a corporate accounting environment and/or public accounting
- Minimum Years of Experience: Three (3) years of experience in accounting including balance sheet account reconciliation
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.):
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Office (Example: V-lookups, pivot tables, formatting and reporting)
- Working knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Education: MS/MA Master''s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: Five (5) years of experience in accounting including balance sheet account reconciliation
- Minimum Years of Experience: Four (4) years of experience in payroll process and general payroll principals
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible