From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton''s Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Qualitative Specialist on the Digital Optimization team, you will create an exceptional journey through every part of a guest''s experience. Your focus on the guests'' journey includes their dreaming phases of travel, until their stay is complete and beyond. We believe that design happens in many functions across our organization, and we deliver better experiences to our guests when we work together to build, test, and learn; focusing on user outcomes in both digital and non-digital spaces.
You will execute small online qualitative studies with customers of our digital products by collecting requirements, planning, designing, creating, and launching the studies. You will also report on findings. The main tool of use will be UserTesting.com, a global panel of digital users. The customer feedback that you collect will aid the business, UX, design and other teams in creating optimized products.
More specifically, you will:
- Liaise with digital strategy partners to understand their needs and requirements.
- Design customer appropriate qualitative research study scripts and questionnaires. You will apply your knowledge of qualitative research techniques to inform study design and script writing.
- Analyze feedback and summarize findings.
- Work with the Optimization team and greater Digital Experience team to ensure research findings are shared and incorporated into other initiatives.
- Stay ahead of emerging research technologies and find opportunities for implementation.
- Work independently in a distributed environment where much of the team is based in a different city.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Creative problem solving skills with adaptability to changes in study schedule and scope.
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills with a solid command of presentation tools.
- Organizational skills with superb attention to detail that lends to prioritizing tasks and responding quickly.
- Collaboration skills, initiative, and comfortability with seeking input from other team members.
- Self-starter mentality, including dedication and self-motivation, with a digital and technical curiosity that translates into technical shrewdness.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree or Associate''s Degree plus six (6) years of IT related experience or High School Degree/GED plus twelve (12) years of IT related experience
- Five (5) years related experience
- Experience in research, consumer insights, analysis or customer feedback listening tools
- Experience designing and executing customer research studies
- Travel up to 25% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Seven (7) years of related experience
- Experience with UserTesting.com or a similar platform
- Research moderation/facilitation experience
- Experience in a lean research/validation environment
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Addison, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible