From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton''s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Qualitative Specialist – Product Family, you will create an exceptional journey through every part of a guest''s experience. Your focus on the guests'' journey includes their dreaming phases of travel, until their stay is complete and beyond. We believe that design happens in many functions across our organization, and we deliver better experiences to our guests when we work together to build, test, and learn; focusing on user outcomes in both digital and non-digital spaces.
We are establishing new teams to study and improve experiences for our guests. The teams will focus on improving ways for our customers to shop and book hotels across all touch points, such as the welcome experience and more. Each of these lean, multi-functional teams needs a dedicated researcher with a passion for discovering and validating customer wants and needs. Your role as one of these researchers will require you to manage and to independently drive research and data collection on small and large product initiatives. You will represent the customer within the team; this includes supporting and validating big-picture, 40,000-foot concepts to ground-level implementation without missing a beat.
You will oversee evaluative and generative research through quantitative and qualitative methodologies. This could take the form of testing prototypes through user interviews, coordinating in-depth usability testing, mining user analytics, coordinating A/B tests with the in-house team and any other research needs that arise.
You will capture customer insights using proper research methodologies in a lean fashion while remaining objective in representing findings. You will need to have a fierce curiosity for discovering customer problem areas, motivations and thinking styles.
More specifically, you will:
- Identify and define objectives, hypotheses, and success criteria for research and experimentation.
- Own the task of defining and identifying guest segments and thinking styles.
- Represent customer needs, acting as the customer advocate.
- Perform exploratory, generative and usability research with customers.
- Liaise with multiple in-house teams to facilitate studies and tests that are broader than this role.
- Stay an engaged and informed team member, including staying ahead of innovations in research technologies and methodologies.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Excited by and dexterous in ambiguity.
- Flexible in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and newly established environment.
- Agile and effective within large, matrixed organizations.
- Experienced in converting complex problems into actionable strategies.
- Superb communication, presentation, storytelling, social and analytical skills.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree or Associate''s Degree plus six (6) years of IT related experience or High School Degree/GED plus twelve (12) years of IT related experience
- Five (5) years related experience
- Experience in research, consumer insights, analysis or customer feedback listening tools
- Experience designing and executing customer research studies
- Experience working in an Agile (or similar) team environment
- Travel up to 30% of the time, with flexibility in night or weekend scheduling
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Research moderation/facilitation experience
- Experience in a lean research/validation environment
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Addison, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible