Our Architecture & Design Department delivers truly exceptional properties that delight our guests, reward our partners, and reflect the unique cultures of their geographical locations. With design and construction professionals across 16 locations, we have the advantages of a global presence as well as the benefits of local resources, skills, and expertise.
What will I be doing?
As the Vice President of Architecture, Design and Construction, you will be responsible for leading, coordinating and directing all technical service and project management activities for the All Suites branded category of hotels (Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites and Home2 Suites). You will ensure consistent application of brand requirements across all North America regions, working in partnership with owners, consultants, contractors and internal team members.
As a dynamic leader with vision in the hospitality AD&C space, you will partner with the other domestic AD&C category leaders to drive consistency and continuity in project delivery as you lead a pipeline of over 500 active All Suites hotel projects from ideation through opening.
More specifically, you will:
- Build, lead and develop a team of extraordinary project managers that are passionate about assisting owners in developing the best hotel properties in the region.
- Provide encouragement and motivation to team members, ensuring they excel in their responsibilities and are fully engaged in the department''s mission.
- Develop strategies, processes and procedures to position the department to successfully achieve the company and department objectives. Continually evaluate progress of department''s objectives and make appropriate adjustments in strategies and processes as necessary.
- Support the new deal pipeline growth by assisting with the pre-application process to ensure potential projects are positioned to receive development committee approval.
- Oversee and provide ongoing mentorship to your team to ensure that all new hotel units open on time and in conformance with brand standards.
- Liaise with multi-functional teams and consultants to provide relevant mentorship as prototypes, standards, FF&E packages and other brand defining elements are crafted and updated.
- Analyze historic project data to identify trends and convert those insights into applicable mentorship to direct the team in delivering consistent and reliable forecasting and project delivery.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Leading by example and demonstrating excellence
- Motivating others
- Critical thinking and planning
- Capacity for historical data analysis and metrics to provide strategic direction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, diverse environment
- Collaborative team member, who makes good judgement calls and can influence internal and external decision makers with diplomacy
- Capable of identifying, prioritizing and articulating highest-impact initiatives
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Ten (10) years of Hospitality Architecture and Construction experience
- Five (5) years Managerial, Supervisory or Project Management experience
- In-depth knowledge of Architecture and Construction
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master''s Degree
- Fifteen (15) years of Hospitality Architecture and Construction experience
- Architectural, Engineering or Interior Design License/Certificate
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible