***This position can be located Remotely or in McLean, VA***
With more than 700 Sales professionals in offices around the world, our Global Sales Team ensures our owners and operators receive the combined benefits of scale, access, competence, and experience. Our Sales teams are fully engaged in providing a differentiated selling platform for our portfolio of brands. We are focused on being the most global, integrated, and relevant salesforce in the industry, relentlessly driven to grow market share. Our global sales team is consistently recognized as a top selling and customer-service focused organization throughout the industry. We conduct business in 42 languages serving 25,000 customers in 101 countries from offices located around the globe. This ensures that the team truly understands the unique needs and opportunities of regions around the world, right down to the local level.
What will I be doing?
As the Vice President, Global Travel Partnerships you will lead our global business and commercial strategy for individual travel intermediaries to include Travel Management Companies (TMC), consortia, and membership organizations. You will drive the sales process and enable sales through technology intermediaries to include Global Distribution Systems (GDS), Self-Booking Tools (SBT), and mobile platforms. We are looking for a self-motivated, dedicated leader who will continually strive to improve upon performance and drive the team to performance excellence. In addition, a critical part of your role is to negotiate and implement complex partnership agreements and provide growing value to our customers, stakeholders, partners and the overall organization. We will rely on your experienced level of understanding of the distribution eco-systems - who the players are, their reach, cost of sale, levels of influence, capabilities, and interdependencies.
- Lead the commercial strategy within assigned client portfolio, implementing activities in order to achieve set revenue goals.
- Represent Travel Management Companies, Consortia, Membership Organizations, Government Agencies and Airline crew and the GDS channel in and amongst other disciplines including but not limited to the Brands, Brand Performance Support, Business Travel Sales (BTS), Revenue Management, Marketing, and owner/management companies.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of three (3) individuals including an extended team of individuals in EMEA and APAC.
- Implement additional services (in conjunction with centralized Global Travel Partnership resources) to support hotel/brand needs in the interest of outperforming the market.
- Ensure appropriate communication within the commercial leadership is established and monitored to provide visibility of performance against agreed Key Performance Indicators.
- Demonstrate analytical skills to set direction and priority for both proactive and reactive situations, resulting in revenue and market share opportunities and readily deploy tactics to remedy challenges and take advantage of opportunities.
- Be responsible for providing input to the commercial strategy of global distribution systems, including travel intermediary direct connectivity and media placement.
- Lead global strategy and tactical plans to use GDS, SBT and mobile platforms in order to ensure optimal shelf space and conversion.
- Lead the day-to-day strategy and supervision of Membership Organizations (e.g. AAA, etc.) including processes with a goal to maximize revenue and profitability. Assist in guiding and leading all aspects of Travel Clubs marketing for the enterprise; including pricing, proprietary and third party distribution, promotional programs, and the negotiation of strategic partnerships.
- Lead strategy for performance of selected airline crew based upon local, national, airline accounts for Hilton in order to drive increased market share and demonstrate value to both internal and external customers.
- Lead business strategy with division leaders to orchestrate and execute cross-channel and platform strategy (B2B, B2C, Loyalty, Brand, IT, BTS, Revenue Management Ops). In an effort to ensure a cohesive and consistent deployment of Hilton''s Travel Agency strategy.
- Provide Hilton SVP and Senior Leadership with recommendations that will lead to successful agreement outcomes and generate incremental revenue and share growth and increasing annual cost savings for Hilton properties.
- Be responsible for the department budget utilization that ensures return on investment and delivers incremental value to the enterprise.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Shown negotiation skills with the strong ability to read the people or situation then adjust to get to a mutually positive outcome. Effectively negotiate complex partnerships, accountability to performance (our teams and our customers)
- Breadth of knowledge in the corporate travel distribution landscape that encompasses GDS, content aggregation and multi sourcing
- Knowledgeable about industry SBTs and technology; RFP Processing Software; GDS; and TMC Technology
- Strong business acumen - such as, analysis of internal and external trends and ability to adapt to changing condition/priorities to enable strong strategic and tactical execution
- Dedication in seeking out the appropriate data and acting on it appropriately
- Organizationally savvy - Ability to direct and collaborate in a matrixed environment throughout the Hilton organization, including internal resources, external partners and other constituent groups as appropriate with aim of furthering Company goals
- A strong and effective people leader - lead others to performance excellence and coaches for performance improvement and accountability. Ability to identify and cultivate top talent by providing developmental opportunities, feedback and coaching
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and overall interpersonal skills
- Take the lead and works closely in partnership with others to create a mutually winning environment. Effectively leads change; understand needs of all partners, resolve conflicts and ensure collaboration within teams and/or units; includes maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct discretion and integrity
- Ability to assimilate new concepts and practices and processes into position and the department and provide effective training to subordinates for on-the-job training, policies and procedures, departmental training topics and professional development
- Budget development and management skills, including the ability to track expenses against commitments; set priorities for funding, and develop annual budgets
- Knowledge of business mathematics, including ability to calculate percentage changes and averages/weighted averages; including ability to understand/manipulate basic spreadsheets
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Ten (10) years in professional hospitality and/or Global Distribution Systems/3rd party travel industry experience
- Eight (8) years of running top performing sales teams
- Seven (7) years leading complex negotiations with multiple partners
- Experience as a Senior Director/Vice President and/or five (5) years at a Director level in the travel/corporate hotel sales industry
- Experience in leading leisure travel clients such as AAA, AARP, Costco Travel, Memberships Clubs, Wholesales, OTAs
- Ability to travel as required, at least 50%, including internationally
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Ten (10) years leading top performing sales teams
- Significant hospitality industry experience preferred with a mix of accounting/IT/Sales and/or marketing roles
- Experience leading Pricing and Revenue Management strategies
- Established relationships with travel industry key decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, virtual office work environment. In depth knowledge of the travel industry
- Corporate Hotel Sales Experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract