From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton''s Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
Delivering high quality and distinctive branded concepts is essential for our success. In a world where competitors are replicating our strategies and customers have access to more and better data, the risk of commoditization is high. With superior front-line service, great physical design, intuitive guest-friendly technology, and compelling programming, we will continue to delight our guests.
Delivering this level of differentiation is challenging. As many of our brands are large and mature, we will need to distinguish ourselves through a steady stream of enhancements – some large but many small. In addition, most innovation today requires true cross-organizational collaboration and iterative product development leveraging modern technologies. These are skills most companies do not have. We will need dedicated resources exclusively focused on generating a consistent stream of innovation. We will need to optimize the way we collaborate in order to encourage cross-functional teams to come together and innovate. And, we will need to embed technology into everything we do.
As the Product Owner you will obsess over and advocate for our customer needs by driving the product vision, defining outcomes, and partnering with key stakeholders to turn customer insights into actionable strategies and priorities. You will use technical acumen and data-driven optimization to guide and execute product decisions. The Product team combines user-centered design with business knowledge and world-class agile development to deliver impactful and meaningful customer experiences through our products. We recognize our customers to be our guests, team members, owners, and brands.
You are the relentless advocate for customer experience. This leader will work closely with other teams that focus on a particular brand or category, owning large-scale projects and strategic initiatives that direcly impact how our millions of customers and guests experience Hilton.
In this role, your primary responsibility will be to conceive and continually refine our products, specifically the experience that will impact guests, customers and potential customers. You will work closely with Customers, Brand Teams, Engineers, Marketers, and Loyalty experts to understand what our customers truly want and how it can drive our business, shaping and driving the product strategy, user adoption, and operational excellence.
You will have a bias for action and will lead Agile development teams to bring concepts to market. This role is highly visible and you will interact with the senior management teams across the organization and across multiple Hilton owners and hotel management companies.
We are seeking leaders that will define and drive our product strategies and deliverables in the distinct customer experience of Groups, Meetings and Events.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Lead the discovery of a new digital product and experience opportunities.
- Develop cross-channel strategic product plans and outcomes for initiatives such as personalization, rewards, partnerships and customer experience as it relates to Groups, Meetings and Events.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including guests and prospective customers to identify product development opportunities, efficiently determine their value to customers, viability within our business, and technical feasibility of development and deployment.
- Define and analyze milestones and measurable outcomes to ensure product success.
- Build trusted and highly effective working relationships across Hilton including working closely with engineering, design, data and analytics, brands, policy/regulatory and market facing teams.
- Develop epics and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application, and supporting collateral to sell through business cases to support your product initiatives from concept through to funding.
- Build, manage, and inspire cross-functional teams including product managers and product team members and scrum teams consisting of UI engineers, QA, UX and visual designers.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Seven (7) years of relevant work experience
- Three (3) years leading at-scale projects with global operators, including early phases (e.g. prototyping) through ramp-up and market introduction
- Three (3) years delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
- Experience managing a team of at least three (3) direct reports
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Advanced Degree, including MBA
- Product development experience in a franchised business model
- Hospitality experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Addison, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible