A Meeting and Banquet Sales Manager with Hilton Hotels & Resorts is responsible for soliciting and responding to companies and organizations to purchase food & beverage, rent meeting space and ancillary services from the hotel. Coordinates the prompt, courteous and efficient delivery of those products to satisfy the customer''s service needs and to maximize the hotel''s profits.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow''s savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected. If you understand the importance of upholding a brand''s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it''s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manages customer relationship through drafting proposals and contracts, responding to customer inquiries, as well as organizing arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events ie: set-up and execution of social and corporate meetings, meals and special events. Provides direction and supervision of meeting and/or catering logistics to catering and event services managers and other departments and team members responsible for event execution.
- Represents the hotel and conducts conferences with individual customers by telephone or in-person to solicit and close group and local catering business. Meets with and entertains customers, conducts property tours and promotes facilities and services and within parameters, has discretion to negotiate contracts with customers and commission agreements with vendors.
- Responsible for planning and on site execution of large events.
- Assists in the physical movement of hotel or customer equipment or furnishings as necessary to complete a tight turn-around of public function space.
- Directly assists customers as necessary, which may require moving of up to 20lbs.
- Audits customer checks and department charges and files to ensure accuracy.
- Supervises staff in creation and distribution of accurate written materials.
- Ensures that contracts, menus, letters and reports are completed according to Hilton standards and policies.
- Re-book functions and follow-up with customers by sending a thank you.
- Compiles Food and Beverage post event report.
What are we looking for?
A Meeting and Banquet Sales Manager serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities (go-getter attitude) and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Fluent Papiamentu and English (Dutch and Spanish are a plus)
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field would be advantageous
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality. More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guest rooms Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas Harris Poll EquiTrend®, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011 Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Willemstad, Curaçao
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible