To uphold Hilton Da Nang''s standards and to be responsive to the instructions of the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef. The role of the Chef de Partie will be to accommodate the dining requests and needs of all guests. The western Chef de Partie will be required to prepare and serve all menu items to the quality and standard of the Hotel standard recipe cards/menus,
At Hilton, our promise is to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected, which means we need you to live our Hilton Values and embrace our Hilton Blue Energy Culture which you will be shared and trained when you join us.
What will I be doing?
- Chef de partie is responsible of the operation production for the partie/section during assigned shift
- Cooks and maintain the quality, consistency and presentation of all food that is prepared and served from the Hotel kitchen operation as per the set standard recipes.
- Supervising the performance of the kitchen associates (cold kitchen, main kitchen, and function kitchen, preparation of meat and sea food) and take appropriate action to correct deficient conditions, behavior and work practices.
- Daily check BEO and kitchen request and Set-up the shift schedules for associates in accordance with staffing guide / productivity requirements.
- Monitoring the daily consumption and wastage of food to ensure portion control is maintained and wastage is minimized.
- Communicate throughout the day with F&B Service and other departments to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned and in order to adhere to health standards.
- Maintain the standard health & hygiene and food handling practices and procedures.
- Handle and follow up complaints, as required, in order to ensure guest satisfaction, but always bear in mind the interest of the Hotel.
- Effectively train and develop kitchen associates and optimize their productivity, through efficient work practices and mentoring.
- Conduct daily shift briefings for kitchen associates in the absence of senior kitchen management in his partie/section
- Present innovative ideas to the Executive Chef.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as required.
- Arrive at workplace on time in full uniform prepared with tools and all equipment needed for service.
- To understand and demonstrate competently the standards & procedures as set out by your department and Hilton Hotels Da Nang''s Profiles.
- Completes any other reasonable duties and services as assigned by the Executive Chef/Sous Chef.
- Be well versed and knowledgeable of Hilton Hotels Da Nang''s Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure you are aware of your duty to care as determined by legislation and that you maintain a complete familiarity.
- Uphold the Hilton blue energy culture by demonstrating the Hilton Hotels Standards at all times to guests and fellow associates.
- Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety legislation, and related Hilton Hotels Da Nang Policies.
What are we looking for?
The Chef De Partie serving Hilton Hotels is working on behalf of our Guest and working with our team members, to successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude behaviors, skills and values that follow:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English/ Vietnamese
- Good mathematical skills necessary to understand measurements, portion sizes and doing recipe and food cost
- Must have good leadership capability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
- Knowledge of the hotel, its services, and facilities
- Good manual dexterity of hands in order to use in the production, i.e., cutting vegetables, cut meat and prepare the fish……….
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 90 kg.
- Advanced Cooking in Asian/western/international and Culinary Skills, Portion Control & Stock Control.
- Certificates or diploma in cooking from a recognized training institution is required
- Minimum five to seven years'' experience in Kitchen Operations, including at least two years as Demi Chef or 1 year as Chef de Partie with experience in a quality rated Hotel/Resort/Restaurant.
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Da Nang, Vietnam
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible