The role of the Operations Coordinator is to uphold Hilton Da Nang''s standards and to execute a variety of office administrative and/or secretarial support to ensure the efficiency and service quality for Food and Beverage Operations, both culinary and service team alike.
At Hilton, our promise is to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected, which means we need you to live our Hilton Values and embrace our Hilton Blue Energy Culture which you will be shared and trained when you join us.
What will I be doing?
As Operations Coordinator you will be required to conduct your duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the hotel''s policies and procedures, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained, you will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Working closely with members of the Hotel management team and employees and maintaining harmonious relations at all times.
- Provides office operations support such as receiving and screening telephone calls and visitors.
- Scheduling meetings, conferences, seminars, and special events.
- Keeping records of duty rosters and managing Cadena input
- Filing and maintaining a well-organized data base.
- Editing, printing menus and buffet labels.
- Opening and reviewing incoming mail.
- Responding to inquiries and other specific duties related to the role.
- Maintain a high level of output and quality regardless of the task load.
- Take action to ensure overall success of his work
- Have a good understanding and ensure the team understanding of the Hotel''s emergency procedures, Hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation and ensure implementation of those related to your department;
- Have knowledge of the department procedures and standards; ensure the implementation all department procedures and standards.
- Have knowledge of the hotel, its services, and facilities
- Handle equipment, tools, keys and supplies in proper way, kept in good working condition, regularly inspected, following instructions as directed
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair and follow up to make it done
- Report hazard issues and follow up to make it done
- Carry out lost and found procedures
- Ensure the standards of cleanliness and orderliness of all working areas
- Be environmentally aware
- Handle guest inquiries, requests and resolves guest complaints using MIR (Make It Right).
- Ensure an exceptional level of customer service delivery at all times by providing personal assistance to the guests with a professional, pleasant and positive manner at all times.
- Be proactive and observant in service to identify guest needs before being asked.
- Practice Hilton grooming standards including uniform dress code, cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Manage Guest requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Maintain good relationship with your colleagues, supervisors and other department
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Attend training and meetings when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel''s Management
- Manage master keys in his/her possession
- Execute clerical and administrative duties as assigned and answer correspondence related to F&B operations, ensure to keep track and notice on outstanding issues.
- Perform a broad array of general office functions including typical duties but not strictly limited to filing, data entry, phones (handle all inquiries within my capacity ), posting notices, scanning, copying, word processing utilizing templates. Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks. Also, attend not only to the needs and concerns of our employees but also to our OJTs welfare.
- Perform and coordinating various duties like special events (Banquet Events) under general instructions from superiors; communicates arrangements to appropriate individuals and outlets (i.e BEOs).
- Retrieving and integrating the data and proper dissemination of the information to the employees if there are important announcements or memo that needs to be addressed to the Chef and F&B Operations Manager as well as team members.
- Maintain records efficiently and accurately and prepare clear and concise reports (meeting minutes, update of manning, and job orders to Engineering, undelivered item reports to send to each outlet for proper monitoring.)
- Demonstrate a great time management skill to ensure meeting deadlines and to keep up with operation flow. However, when the responsibilities of your position so warrant, you may be required additional levels of commitment and willing to extend extra duty hours especially when the need arises and if work will have to finish within the day especially if the jobs are directly guest affected, or encoding of menu and recipe cards for costing.
- Ensure best understanding of Hilton standards on printing menus, buffet labels and other printable materials in order to performing such tasks.
- Perform personnel requests including on-call, trainees, and meal requisitions, internal transfers and plotting of team members'' schedule for payroll purposes, including monitoring duty roster submission, familiarizing with functions of Cadena and other HR related tasks.
- Arranges necessary travel reservations and itineraries; anticipates and prepares background materials needed.
- Implements new policies, training, procedures and practices impacted by decisions made by superiors at meetings and/or conferences. Implement emergency procedures and coordinate training in conjunction with the Security and Engineering departments to ensure outlets and kitchens are at best working conditions possible.
- Scheduling of meetings or appointments of suppliers.
- Filing of BEOs for records purposes.
- Handling telephone calls and receive vital messages where needed.
- Prepare reports/files as required by Chef and F&B Operations Manager; food comparison and food benchmarking with other hotels.
- Assists in composing letters and memos.
- Coordinates with for heads of outlets and kitchens.
- Arrive at workplace on time in full uniform prepared with tools and all equipment needed for service.
- Completes any other reasonable duties and services as assigned by the Executive Chef and F&B Operations Manager.
What are we looking for?
The Operations Coordinator serving Hilton Hotels is working on behalf of our Guest and working with our team members, to successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude behaviors, skills and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills, fluent in Vietnamese, and English
- Committed to delivering high levels of Guest service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work with ownership as well within a team
- Flexible and reliable
- Excellent attention to details
- A passion for being on a winning team
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of Guest service
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to work late shifts
- Methodical and well organized
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning and analytic skills
- Proficiency preferred with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Office
- Accountable and resilient
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Minimum four months to five years'' experience in Hospitality Operations, one year prior administrative support experience, related associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Hotel experience
- Familiar with Property Management Systems
- Experience in a similar position
- Fluency in other languages, Chinese, Korean, Japanese are preferable
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Da Nang, Vietnam
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible