A Paymaster/ Administrator will oversee the payroll process and use payroll historical and trending data to make recommendations to the Asst. Finance Manager / Asst. Accounting Manager.
At Hilton, our promise is to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected, which means we need you to live our Hilton Values and embrace our Hilton Blue Energy Culture, which you will be shared and trained when you join us.
What will I be doing?
As a Paymaster/ Administrator, you will oversee the payroll process and use payroll historical and trending data to make recommendations to the Asst. Finance Manager/ Asst. Accounting Manager. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain accurate accounting records and provide related financial reports for the hotels under the umbrella of the centralized accounting system using PeopleSoft Financials;
- Support the Asst. Finance Manager / Asst. Accounting Manager in managing communications with FAAST regarding payroll;
- Lead the month end process, as it relates to payroll costs, and ensure all work is completed on time with all relevant accounts reconciled;
- Authorize month end payroll and overtime accruals journals;
- Ensure the balance sheets, as they relate to all payroll accounts are a fair reflection of the assets of the hotels;
- Ensure reporting is timely, accurate and consistent with the financial accounts so that the PandL/Balance sheets reconcile to the trial balance and where proof of reconciliations can be provided on a monthly basis;
- Utilize reporting, including the Balanced Scorecard, that incorporates benchmarking, productivity, identification and measurement of key performance indicators, where both historical and forecasted performance is tracked;
- Ensure Team Member pay queries are resolved on a timely basis;
- Monitor actual hours to contracted hours;
- Ensure effective controls are in place over payroll expenses;
- Work with relevant Team Members to deliver system and process improvements to enhance Payroll function efficiency;
- To be courteous and professional when in contact with outside companies/suppliers and to maintain good working relationships with all colleagues throughout the hotel;
- Train and the develop Team Members (if any);
- Allocate work duties to Team Members (if any);
- Have a good understanding and ensure the team understanding of the Hotel''s emergency procedures, Hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation and ensure implementation of those related to your department;
- Have knowledge of the department procedures and standards; ensure the implementation all department procedures and standards;
- Have knowledge of the hotel, its services, and facilities provided;
- Handle equipment, tools, keys and supplies in proper way, kept in good working condition, regularly inspected, follow instructions as directed, and ensure the team does the same;
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair and follow up to make it done;
- Report hazard issues and follow up to make it done;
- Carry out lost and found procedures;
- Manage key/master keys in his/her possession;
- Ensure the standards of cleanliness and orderliness of all working areas;
- Be environmentally aware;
- Practice Hilton grooming standards including uniform dress code, cleanliness and personal hygiene;
- Maintain good relationship with your colleagues, supervisors and other department;
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships;
- Attend training and meetings when required;
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel''s Management.
What are we looking for?
A Paymaster/ Administrator serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. You are responsible to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow.
- Positive attitude;
- Good communication skills, fluent in Vietnamese and English;
- Committed to delivering high levels of Guest service;
- Excellent grooming standards;
- Ability to work with ownership as well within a team;
- Flexible and reliable;
- Excellent attention to details;
- A passion for being on a winning team;
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of Guest service;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Methodical and well organized;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational, planning and analytic skills;
- Proficiency preferred with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Office;
- Accountable and resilient.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Relevant degree, in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution;
- Experience in the hotel, leisure or retail sector in Accounts/Finance/Human Resources job;
- Experience with the PeopleSoft and Cadena system;
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Da Nang, Vietnam
- Starting in
- As soon as possible