The Sous chef Pastry chef oversee the daily operation of the Pastry assisting the Executive Chef in maintaining quality food products and services for the Hilton Hotel brand.
The Pastry chef is in charge of Food quality, hygiene as presentation of food served for all the pastry with obeying all instructions and guide lines given assigned by the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef.
At Hilton, our promise is to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected, which means we need you to live our Hilton Values and embrace our Hilton Blue Energy Culture which you will be shared and trained when you join us.
What will I be doing?
- Sous chef pastry/pastry chef you will be responsible of the pastry/ bakery brigade and production as the smooth operation of the pastry
- Assist to work in conjunction with accounting to maintain and maximize levels of section profit and minimize waste of cost of sales.
- Assist the executive chef to create a dessert menu that meet and exceed customers'' needs and conform to brand standards
- Maintain the pastry food cost at the budget.
- Responsible for the inventory of the pastry and bakery
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Ensure all pastry quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Assist with enhancing the product and service that is presented to the guest.
- Recommend changes of the product and services. Use market research to develop new products and services.
- Directing, Training and development of associates with an eye toward maximum associates'' satisfaction, productivity and guest satisfaction and assist in new-hire and process on-going training for them.
- Assist in the timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Assist the Ex.Chef in managing the buffet, banquet, outlet and stewarding service
- Give direction and assist with the implementation of plans send by the Executive Chef.
- Able to assist and exercise hire and fire discretion within Hilton policies.
- Responsible for assisting with maintaining the quality of the product and ensure consistency in delivery and standards.
- Work in support of team goals and measure effectiveness by the quality of decision making at the senior level as well as through the profit and service performance at the individual unit level.
- Provide support of a specialist nature to the Executive chef.
- Supervising the activities and the service levels of the pastry operation.
- Ensuring that the correct food handling & hygiene practices are executed at all times by pastry associates
- Assist in developing incentive programs for associates.
- Present innovative ideas to the Executive Chef.
- Completes other reasonable duties and services as assigned by the Executive Chef
- Be well versed and knowledgeable of Hilton Hotels Da Nang''s Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure Team members are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
- Uphold the Hilton blue energy culture by demonstrating the Hilton Hotels Standards at all times to guests and fellow associates.
- Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and related to Hilton Hotels Policies
What are we looking for?
The Sous Chef serving Hilton Hotels working on behalf of our Guest and working with our team members, to successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude behaviors, skills and values that follow:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English/Vietnamese)
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with Team Member acting as a team leader.
- Excellent leadership skill
- Creativity and innovation skill
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must have computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services, and facilities.
- Pastry, bakery, chocolate Culinary Skills & Knowledge
- High school, Bachelor''s Degree or Certificate or diploma in pastry is required
- Minimum seven to ten years'' experience in pastry Operations, including at least three years as Assist Pastry chef or 1 year as pastry with supervisory experience in a quality rated Hotel/Resort required.
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Da Nang, Vietnam
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible