To uphold Hilton Hotels Da Nang''s standards and to be responsive to the instructions of the Chief Steward. The role of the Stewarding Supervisor will be to ensure the daily maintenance, cleanliness and hygiene standards of all the kitchen. Act as the main contact for associates and other hotel departments in the absence of the Chief Steward.
At Hilton, our promise is to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected, which means we need you to live our Hilton Values and embrace our Hilton Blue Energy Culture which you will be shared and trained when you join us.
What will I be doing?
- Supervise and assist with the cleaning and sanitization of all cutlery, crockery, glassware & miscellaneous items in the dishwashing machine unit after use by guests.
- Assist the chief steward to do the schedules for all stewards
- Practice and observe the correct methods for racking and stacking all soiled items listed in point number one so that breakages are minimized at all times and items are washed correctly in the dishwasher machine unit.
- Ensure that the breakage report is done monthly and send to the chief steward
- Assist to do the monthly inventory with the chief Steward.
- Reports any equipment in need of repair to Chief Steward and engineering for service.
- Clear, clean and set-up all necessary plates and utensils for team member restaurant
- Clean all pots, pans, baking trays, stoves, grills, ovens, salamander, deep fryer and exhaust hoods/filters as required during your daily shift.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned and in order to adhere to health standards.
- Observe standard health & hygiene practices and procedures at all times when working around or near food being prepared.
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitization of all kitchen wall, floor, ceiling, bench and drainage surfaces, cool rooms, fridges, freezers daily, using the correct chemical applications and techniques.
- Maintain positive and open lines of communication with fellow associates in the kitchen and also with F&B Service.
- Maintain a clean working environment during the course of your daily shift.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as required.
- Arrive at workplace on time in full uniform prepared with tools and all equipment needed for service.
- To understand and demonstrate competently the standards & procedures as set out by your department and Hilton Profiles
- Perform other unexpected duties as requested e.g. cleaning spills; follow up on special F&B requests.
- Complete any other reasonable duties and services as assigned by the Chief Steward or senior associate of the Hotel kitchen operation.
- Be well versed and knowledgeable of Hilton Hotels Da Nang''s Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure employees are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
- Uphold the Hilton blue energy culture by demonstrating the Hilton Standards at all times to guests and fellow associates.
- Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety legislation, and related Hilton Da Nang Policies
What are we looking for?
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace( English/ Vietnamese)
- Must have a basses in computational ability.
- Must have good leadership capability
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
- Working knowledge of applicable sanitation standards
- Ability to work under pressure
- Chemical knowledge and Operation of the Dishwasher
- High school, diploma of HACCP or equivalent education is required
- Minimum five to seven years'' experience in stewarding Operations, including at least four years as kitchen Steward or 1 year as Steward Supervisor with experience in a quality rated Hotel/Resort required.
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Da Nang, Vietnam
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible