As the Hilton Darwin Food and Beverage Operations Manager is responsible for managing operations of all Food and Beverage outlets to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while training staff and working within budgeted guidelines.
Job Specific Competencies:
As a Food and Beverage Operations Manager, you are responsible for managing operations of all Food and Beverage outlets to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. This position is concerned with the management of Team members and food & beverage outlets to ensure that the service of food and beverage in the Restaurants, Bars and Conference and Events meets the highest Hilton brand standards. The person employed in this position is dedicated to provided ‘Superior and Distinctive Service''. This service is a special commitment from all team members to give the kind of superior and distinctive service in which our internal and external guests will appreciate, remember and return for time and time again. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- To liaise constantly and to work closely with the General Manager for ways of improving service standards and to assist in attaining the Department pre-determined targets.
- Anticipate and recognise problem areas, solving problems when they arise.
- Train all F&B team members and ensure that Restaurant, Bar and Conference and Events rosters are adequate and fully flexing with business needs.
- Consult with Executive Chef concerning service requirements and problems.
- Ensuring all client complaints are handled promptly and professionally.
- Constantly monitoring if needed changing of opening and closing procedures to standard.
- Developing new and exciting ways to deliver our product.
- Ensuring all hotel supplies and equipment are maintained
Quality Control Responsibilities:
- Control food and beverage Operations in all F&B outlets.
- Control proper usage of equipment and linen, in order to minimise abuse and breakage.
- Ensure that all F&B areas are kept clean at all times.
- Ensure hire equipment is delivered on time and in good order and that it is returned in the same condition.
- Ensuring the Restaurants, Bars and Event floor lobby areas are set to Hilton standard
- Ensuring the service of all Food & Beverage is to Hilton standard
Staff Management and Development Activities
- Motivate and support team members to achieve their respective targets.
- Measure and discuss with team members to achieve their respective targets.
- Be aware of the specialised talents available within the team and utilising Team Members towards achieving the objectives.
- Checking team member''s level is adequate and conform to Budget
Financial & Administrative Responsibilities:
- Ensures payroll is controlled to be in line with Business Plan targets through the effective use of Roster - costed.
- Ensure the Departments budget is strictly controlled without compromising standards.
- Ensure F&B roster is prepared to anticipate revenues
- Responsible for the roster and administration duties of F&B Department.
- Ensure that purchase order for F&B is correctly costed
- Supervise the team members within the department ensuring that the correct standard and methods of service are maintained.
- Carry out any additional duties as stipulated by the General Manager.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all information pertaining to the Food and Beverage Department
- Abide by all Workplace Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Attending communication meetings, training sessions and other meetings called.
- Liaise with other Head of Department to ensure cooperation
What are we looking for?
A Food and Beverage Operations Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Hospitality industry Knowledge
- Culturally aware and flexible
- Excellent people motivator; good communication skills
- Excellent and fluent command of English, written & spoken
- Computer literate
- Must be people and service partner oriented. Desire to exceed guest experiences and interact with all levels.
- Must be well organised and be able to prioritise. Must have a keen eye for detail.
- Be proactive in identifying and solving guest problems. To be able to maximise profits.
- Must be very well presented and groomed.
- The willingness to develop current skills and undertake new skills as demanded by the market.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous F&B Managerial level experience
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Darwin City, Australia
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible