The newly opened Hilton Des Moines Downtown is seeking a Restaurant Manager to direct and organize the activities and services of Park Street Kitchen & Bar and In-Room Dining, ensuring that each guest has an exceptional dining experience.
Our ideal candidate will have at least one year of management experience at a full-service food and beverage operation. He or she will possess strong leadership skills with the ability to successfully elevate service levels and develop teams. Additionally, an acute sense of urgency and attention to detail will be crucial in this role.
What will I be doing?
As a Restaurant Manager, you would be responsible for directing and organizing the activities and services of a hotel food and beverage outlet (restaurant, lounge, room service, coffee shop, etc.) in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all outlet operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess product and service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Initiate and implement marketing and up-selling techniques to promote restaurant food and beverage and services and to maximize overall revenue
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of outlet offerings, products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 1 year of management experience in a full-service food and beverage establishment (i.e. restaurant, bar, nightclub)
- Open availability to work varying days and shifts
- Demonstrated availability to successfully lead, train and coach staff
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Basic wine and liquor knowledge required
- Administrative skills with working knowledge of Excel and restaurant software
- Ability to maintain a presence on the floor and effectively manage service levels
- Multi-unit management experience preferred
- Hotel experience preferred
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- East Village, Des Moines, IA, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible