General description of the position:
In this position you are responsible for the organization and functioning of the F&B service department in close cooperation with the Executive Chef.
The complex F&B department consists of 5 à la carte restaurants with terraces, a breakfast restaurant, the hotel bar and room service. The Congress Center/Hilton Meetings and outside catering is also part of the F&B department but not part of the responsibility for this position.
Responsibility includes leading a team of 45 team members, 25 apprentices and on-call/agency casuals, cost and budget control of F&B operations and being answerable to the general management for all operational and commercial questions, costs as well as revenue.
Scope of responsibility:
- accountability for ensuring a smooth and efficient F&B operation with active support of daily operation in à la carte business
- directs and oversees all F&B activities in the hotel outlets i.e. operational, administrative (e.g. promotional activities to increase revenue, health & safety issues, menu engineering, creation of menu cards, etc.)
- takes ownership for service quality as well as guest relationship management within the F&B department
- continually monitors customer feedback and adapts product and service levels in order to meet customer needs
- implementing a robust selection and recruitment procedure
- developing and motivating the F&B team with charisma, people skills sales generation and customer service culture
- organization and control of efficient scheduling to optimize productivity according to business requirements
- ordering all supplies e.g. beverages and F&B non-food items, in close cooperation with purchasing department
- ensuring that F&B department is compliant to all Hilton Brand Standards and respective legal regulations (e.g. hygiene, working hours act, data protection, etc.)
- ensure all outlets comply with all local hygiene and employment legal codes
- prepare and implement a calendar of events/promotions based on target customer
- devise and implement marketing plan per outlet
- continually review sales data in light of competitors and lead continuous improvement of offering to drive sales through average spend and covers growth per outlet
- in conjunction with Head Chef continue to develop menus per outlets with strategic menu engineering principals applied
- prepare and utilized statistics to analysis and report future actions to senior management, in regards to F&B performance.
- participation in yearly budgeting process in close relationship with the Director of Operations
- regular Duty Manager shifts on weekdays as well weekends
- work on wider company food and beverage initiatives in order to improve service, revenues, concepts and profits from F&B operations in other European locations
In this position you will benefit from several Hilton Team Member Benefits like the Team Member Travel Program and you will also get local benefits and discounts. In regards to re-location to Dresden we offer you individual support.
• fluent in German and English
• passionate for Food & Beverage and experience in similar F&B operation
• excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• commitment to delivering a high level of guest service
• hands-on management approach with active involvement in daily operation
• structured and well-organised way of working
• accountable and resilient
• ability to work under pressure and high flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
NOTE: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website, hiring, salaries and benefits. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Altstadt, Dresden, Germany
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible