An Assistant Financial Controller will lead various sections of the Finance Department and is responsible for the day to day accounting duties.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Financial Controller, you will lead the various sections of the Finance Department and is responsible for the day to day accounting duties. You will also provide periodic management reports on the financial performance of the Hotel. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist Director of Finance to provide full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel
- Ensure that the Finance team provides month-end closing and all other required management reports
- Ensure all financial regulations are met, through the maintenance of adequate systems of internal control
- Ensure that balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotel
- Understand the requirements of the Internal Controls Program and SOX and ensure that the hotel is in compliance
- Work with external/ internal auditors and assist with year-end audit preparations and drafting of financial statements
- Ensure that all internal control procedures are strictly adhered to and communicates any perceived weakness to the Director of Finance
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Finance Department and providing necessary technical training to Finance team in order to keep the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet company needs and objectives, and may recommend that personnel be hired or removed from the Department.
- Creates and maintains UDA''s (User Developed Applications - Excel) and ensures automation and integrity of formulas at all times
- Prepare capital reviews as required by the Management
- Assist the Director of Finance in internal daily audits of cash deposits, bank transfers and the preparation / monitoring of the capital budget
- Assist to prepare budget and maintain controls on spending to ensure budgetary limits are me
- Ensure that all hotel, company rules, local and international laws, SOX, GPI''s, SOP''s and regulations are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information. Implements Best Practices whenever possible
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary
- Attends meetings to promote communication with other departments, Owner and all other key stakeholders
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Financial Controller serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the qualifications, skills, attitude, behaviours and values that follow:
- Relevant degree in Finance, Accounting or related business disciplines
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position in hotel, leisure or retail sector
- Ability to effectively deal with the concerns of guests and team members in a friendly and positive manner, providing positive and proactive solutions
- Excellent analytical skills - Knowledge of financial operating systems and procedures
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop Finance team members and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Ability to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, and control.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English and Japanese language to communicate with management and team members.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Experience with software packages in general use for hotel property management, payroll and general accounting as well as spreadsheet software. Experience with the IT systems such as PeopleSoft, SUN, Check EAM and Property Management System is advantageous
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- 2, Fukuoka-shi, Japan
- Starting in
- As soon as possible