A Groups and Events Manager is responsible for overseeing the Sales Coordinators and the Groups Coordinator working with the Hotel to achieve pre-established goals. Responsible for maximizing sales results Hotel Groups and Events.
What will I be doing?
As a Group s and Event s Manager, you will work following the development of the Groups and Sales Coordinators team who will attend the events in the hotel, always validating the quality and efficiency of our services and also should do the following tasks with the higher standards: Specifically, the Groups and Events Manager will perform the following tasks to the highest standards
- Supervise the Sales Coordinators work to deliver our standard services to our customer and achieve our financial goal
- Visit the customer with the Sales Manager to guarantee the success of the biggest groups and events
- Get involved with the negotiations for groups and events to maximize the results
- Coordinate the function meeting with the vital information about the groups and events that will happen in the next 10 days
- Be responsible for the weekly communication meeting with the coordinators
- To know and promote the hotel facilities and also to have the knowledge of our competitors’ strengths and weakness
- Organize the hotel’s visit and attend the unexpected requests
- Be the contact between the client and the hotel staff, when it’s necessary
- Team work and total cooperation with the Sales Managers and Revenue Management to ensure that the entire sales process is completed and up to date
- Update daily the sales activities on the hotels systems, ensuring that those information are correct and consistent to be at the Groups Report
- Review rates, groups, deadlines and waiting lists
- Review commission reports for groups, events and Food and Beverage
- To be part of special activities, such as: secretaries cocktails, welcome dinner for groups, etc.
- Make sure that all the request should be answered in 24 hours
- Keep yourself informed about the clients and engage the relationship with them
- To keep a nice work environment and good communication in the department and also with the other departments in the hotel to ensure compliance with Brand Standards and ensuring customer/guest satisfaction
- Comply with the stipulated times and adapt to changes according to the hotel''s operation’s needs
- To know and promote the hotel’s activities and events
What are we looking for?
A Groups and Events Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Complete Graduate Degree or MBA in Management, Hospitality or Marketing
- Fluent English and a second language desirable
- Previous sales and events / banquets, preferably in Hotel, and positions of leadership and supervision teams
- Critical analysis to strategically evaluate the sales of shares to be taken
- Ability to analyze and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to Manage Stress situations, always promoting a constructive and positive attitude
- Knowledge of Product and Marketing, such as: Politics, Operation and Structure of Hotel, super vision and organization of team members
- The ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Sense of organization and planning
- Good written and verbal communication
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Cangshan Qu, Fuzhou Shi, China
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract