A Maintenance Team Member (Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Technician) is responsible for repairs and maintenance in all areas of the hotel to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
What will I be doing?
As a Maintenance Team Member (R&A), you are responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, maintaining and repairing mechanical equipment to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Maintenance Team Member (R&A) will also be required to ensure work is done to code and provide assistance during emergencies. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Diagnose malfunctioning systems to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Execute all duties assigned by the Chief Engineer and the General Manager
- Perform maintenance work on a wide range of mechanical equipment
- Repair and installation of all refrigeration & air-conditioning equipment in all areas of the hotel
- Conduct inspection tours to ensure that all mechanical equipment are working properly
- Perform day-to-day routine and preventative maintenance with hotel rooms
- Respond promptly and efficiently to any maintenance calls that arise
- Assist in the implementation of energy conservation programme
- keep your technical training knowledge & skills up to date
What are we looking for?
A Maintenance Team Member (R&A) serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Knowledge and experience of mechanical equipment
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Qualification in the field
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
- Previous experience in a similar role
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Gaborone, Botswana
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible