A Kitchen Steward carries out general cleaning duties and the operation of pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while ensuring back of house areas are clean and safety guidelines are observed.
What will I be doing?
As a Kitchen Steward, you are responsible for carrying out general cleaning duties and operating pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Kitchen Steward will also be required to ensure all back of house areas are kept clean, and observe COSHH and health and safety guidelines. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers, and ensuring bin area is kept clean and tidy
- Ensure the correct PPE is in place and guidelines are adhered to
- Observe COSHH guidelines when handling hazardous substances and comply with all aspects of Health and Safety requirements
- Report any maintenance and, or, hazard issues to the supervisor on duty
What are we looking for?
A Kitchen Steward serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Knowledge of Basic Food Hygiene
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible