An Assistant Cook is responsible for assisting cooks in the preparation of all items to be produced for the Food and Beverage outlets and Banquet according to Hilton''s high standards of quality.
What will I be doing?
An Assistant Cook is responsible for assisting cooks in the preparation of all items to be produced for the Food and Beverage outlets and Banquet according to Hilton''s high standards of quality. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Performs all the prep work for soups, sauces, vegetables, starch, meat, fish, poultry seafood, grated cheese, chop shallots and garlic, garnishes for plate and buffets
- Supplies assigned work station with all needed products and culinary equipment for prompt production, which requires the lifting and transporting of products weighing up to 50 lbs. and with the assistance of hand cart/truck up to 350 lbs.
- Stores all food in refrigerated boxes including covers, labels and dates, using the proper containers to protect against waste spoilage.
- Performs general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by your supervisor to adhere to health standards.
What are we looking for?
- Must have basic knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking
- Must have basic knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Must have knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slickers, steamers, kettles, etc
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, and portion sizes.
- Ability to read and write the English language in order to read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tong, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or transport goods weighing a maximum of 350 lbs. with wheeled assistance.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry a mixmum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push/pull heavy equipment and stand dfor extended periods of time.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible