A Banquet Bartender is responsible for preparing/serving beverages and/or food to the guests in a friendly, courteous and timely manner, resulting in guest satisfaction. Prepares beverages for guests and other servers to supply to guests, and performs cashiering duties for the lounge.
What will I be doing?
A Banquet Bartender is responsible for preparing/serving beverages and/or food to the guests in a friendly, courteous and timely manner, resulting in guest satisfaction. Prepares beverages for guests and other servers to supply to guests, and performs cashiering duties for the lounge. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
- Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
- Performs the essential job functions of a bar porter.
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis (i.e., ice, glassware). This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet.
- Maintains stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality.
- Retrieves orders from storeroom. Visually checks stock received against written requisition with storeroom personnel, to ensure order is accurate. Upon delivery to the bar, re-checks items with bartender for completeness.
- Locks and stores all beverage, food and other equipment items.
- Receives drink tickets from guests or servers. Maintains accountability of all tickets collected and beverages served. Tallies and processes tickets following established procedures. Turns in all tickets to Head Bartender at the end of the function.
- Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all money.
- Deposits cash drops and secures bank.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education and experience or training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
One year of previous bartending experience required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. Ability to obtain Honolulu Liquor Commission yellow card. Ability to obtain certificate of completion for Honolulu Liquor Commission Server-Training program. Hepatitis A immunization or vaccination certificate required. CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
- Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions, balance sheets and vouchers.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 500 lbs., at a continuous schedule.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or transport goods weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, such as a blender.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible