A Bellperson is responsible for escorting arriving and departing guests in a friendly, courteous manner to and from their accommodations, transporting their luggage. Acquaints each guest with room and features. Employee must successfully complete training on and comply at all times with Hilton Grand Vacation Club''s service standards.
What will I be doing?
A Bellperson is responsible for escorting arriving and departing guests in a friendly, courteous manner to and from their accommodations, transporting their luggage. Acquaints each guest with room and features. Employee must successfully complete training on and comply at all times with Hilton Grand Vacation Club''s service standards. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Retrieves guest items from cars, busses, vans and carts. Grasp, lift, carry and/or load luggage and packages onto a bell cart to transport items throughout hotel to designated room. Navigates bellcart through public areas, guest room corridors and to elevators. Requires physical stamina to stand, lift, carry and walk continuously for duration of shift. Delivers luggage/items to guest rooms in an expedient manner, according to established deadlines.
- Escorts customers to accommodations, visually inspects room and telephone and reports deficiencies such as towels to housekeeping immediately. Points out room features and directory for reference.
- Listens and responds to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answers questions and offers assistance giving accurate information regarding outlet hours, other hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, air line shuttle service, etc.
- Organizes and stores luggage as necessary in a designated area.
- Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Remains calm and attentive, especially during heavy hotel activity and emergencies.
- Reads and matches luggage tags, writes claim tickets and detach portion to give to guest.
- Verifies customer information (room number and name) through computer system to facilitate the efficient and timely delivery of luggage and various items.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior guest service or other hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Valid Class III Driver''s License and good Driver''s Abstract required. CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally in English.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to read English language sufficient to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists.
- Ability to operate vehicles with automatic and standard transmission.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage up to 75 lbs. continuously throughout shift
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage on a hand cart/truck or other wheeled assistance weighing a maximum of 500 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to load and unload luggage of various shapes, sizes, grips and weights.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on property.
- Ability to retrieve information from a computer.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible