What will I be doing?
A Beverage Server is responsible for serving food and/or beverage to include the order-taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. Also to include the cleaning and resetting of service tables. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
- Greets the guests in a friendly and courteous manner using positive and clear English communication. Explains any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness.
- Expedites bussing of tables by clearing dishes, linens and serviceware onto trays weighing up to 20 lbs. and preparing tables for resetting. Promptly and consistently resets all serviceware as prescribed.
- When complete, retrieves order weighing up to 20 lbs. from kitchen, visually confirms its accuracy, lifts and delivers to guest along with appropriate condiments. In self-serve outlets, receives guest chits, retrieves order when complete, and delivers items to guest.
- Records the details of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guest in a clear speaking voice to check for accuracy.
- Replenishes beverages as necessary and checks with guests for overall satisfaction. Abides by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests. Presents the check to the guest promptly.
- Inputs the order into the Point of Sale computer to inform the kitchen of the particulars in the order being placed.
- Assists the Dining Room Steward with transporting serviceware to the dishwashing area.
- Performs all assigned sidework to include replenishing coffee, condiments and restocking sidestands.
- Promotes and serves upon request desserts or drinks to complete the dining experience.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 1 year of experience in food & beverage required
- Minimum 6 months of serving experience at a full service restaurant or hotel
- Must have open availability to work varying days/shifts, as well as on-call
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Ability to obtain Honolulu Liquor Commission Yellow Card and TB clearance
- CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred
- Willingness to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance in accordance with Hilton Hawaiian Village''s grooming standards
- Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable
- Due to the immediate nature of this opening, only applicants who are currently residing in the state of Hawaii will be considered; no relocation or visa sponsorship is available
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service of various alcoholic beverages, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, serviceware and menu items.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, communicate with guests to explain and record orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 25 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
- Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible