A Food and Beverage Cashier is responsible for accurately collecting payments and making change to close out guest checks, totaling food and beverage purchases in a friendly and courteous manner.
What will I be doing?
A Food and Beverage Cashier is responsible for accurately collecting payments and making change to close out guest checks, totaling food and beverage purchases in a friendly and courteous manner. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Receives and visually inspects check or voucher for any inaccuracies, then closes the check to the proper method of payment (i.e., cash, credit card or house charge).
- Ascertains guest satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, tactfully negotiates accommodation.
- Complies with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, tip disbursement, drawer and house bank management.
- Balances house bank at the end of the shift. Retrieves and returns bank from vault to workstation to ensure accountability.
- Receives and inspects vouchers or scripts for the exchange of appropriate tickets. Tallies and processes voucher/ticket count.
- Records, issues and receives all food and beverage chits.
- Reconciles all credit card payments, room charges, coupons and paid tips.
- Posts waithelp service charges, reconciles and allocates daily totals.
- Receives incoming telephone calls, using standard telephone etiquette, receive and processes requests for any reservations of outelts and or Hilton Activities desk and Luau Desk. Is able to utlize and book reservations for functions using the Atco system at the Hilton Activities desk.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Cash handling experience required. Prior hospitality and cashiering experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. Ability to obtain Honolulu Liquor Commission yellow card.
CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of hotel operations and events.
- Ability to remember, recites, and promotes a variety of menu items.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges and understand portion sizes as related to pricing.
- Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate check total.
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, and communicate with guests over the phone and in person.
- Ability to operate a keyboard, 10-Key, and Point of Sale procedures to handle cashier functions.
- Ability to sit and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to perceive colors (reds, blues, greens...) to differentiate between various ticket vouchers.
- Ability to write legibly to complete forms that require a high level of detail.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry items weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to walk/travel to various locations throughout the facility.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible