Hilton Hawaiian Village is seeking an experienced Host / Hostess for the Tropics Bar & Grill!
A Restaurant Host/Hostess is responsible for greeting and escorting guests to tables in the restaurant, supervising all staff, maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room to ensure guest satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
A Restaurant Host/Hostess is responsible for greeting and escorting guests to tables in the restaurant, supervising all staff, maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room to ensure guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Meets and greets guests as they arrive using a positive and clear English communication, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu. Seats guests and assists them by pulling out chairs for them and assisting them with napkins.
- Maintains proper set-up of dining room and enforces uniform and grooming standards of all service personnel on a daily basis.
- Conducts daily "roll call meetings" to keep staff informed of current promotions, daily specials, guest comments, daily events and pertinent memos.
- Reads, maintains and makes daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management.
- Receives, records and makes any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant according to established standards of phone etiquette.
What are we looking for?
- Min. 1 year experience as a Host/ess required
- Open availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prior union experience an asset
- Hotel experience a plus
- Bilingual a plus
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible