A Restaurant Host/Hostess is responsible for greeting & escorting guests to tables in the restaurant, supervising all staff, maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room to ensure guest satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
A Restaurant Host/Hostess is responsible for greeting & escorting guests to tables in the restaurant, supervising all staff, maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room to ensure guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Meets and greets guests as they arrive using a positive and clear English communication, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu. Seats guests and assists them by pulling out chairs for them and assisting them with napkins.
- Maintains proper set-up of dining room and enforces uniform and grooming standards of all
service personnel on a daily basis.
- Conducts daily "roll call meetings" to keep staff informed of current promotions, daily specials, guest comments, daily events and pertinent memos.
- Reads, maintains and makes daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management.
- Receives, records and makes any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant according to established standards of phone etiquette.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Restaurant supervisory experience preferred. Experience in dealing with the public.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. Ability to obtain Honolulu Liquor Commission yellow card. CPR Certification required. First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations, to include appropriate staffing levels, service equipment and guest relations.
- Ability to read the English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials.
- Ability to speak the English language sufficient to conduct small employee meetings to impart new information and communicate with guests.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to lift, carry or transport items weighing 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk long distances continuously for eight hours.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible