A Human Resources Representative is responsible for maintaining accurate Vacation, Sick Leave and Paid Time Off records for all union and non-union team members and process them in a timely manner. Assists the HR Coordinator-Benefits with administering and implementing benefit programs, including but not limited to group health and life insurance, 401(k) plans, TDI, FMLA, HFLA, and other leave plans. Provides coordination and administrative support for a variety of activities and functions for the Hotel within the Human Resources Department.
What will I be doing?
- Intake and respond to inquiries made by individuals calling or walking into the Human Resource office using a clear speaking voice to meet their needs. Assist incoming team members, managers or candidates and provide accurate information and answers questions, provides forms or directions.
- Receives and processes all Vacation, Sick Leave and PTO (Paid Time Off) requests, including verifying rates of pay and researching previous positions, hourly credits and pay rates. Records Vacation and Sick Leave requests in the Accutrak program. Forwards requests to the Payroll department to ensure the timely processing of checks and requests for leave.
Receives Finalization report of Sick Leave and Vacation hours from Payroll bi-monthly. Confirms the report for accuracy by verifying the report information against calculations and records in the Accutrak program. Records negative/overpaid balances and inputs proper flags/notations. Reports any discrepancies or adjustments to Payroll in a timely manner to ensure the prompt correction of records/paychecks. Inputs corrections from Payroll Master Audit Report into Accutrak program.
- Assist HR Coordinator-Benefits with administering and implementing benefit programs, including but not limited to group health and life insurance, 401(k) plans, Temporary Disability Insurance (TDI), FMLA, HFLA and other leave plans in accordance with Hilton standard and all Federal and State laws. Communicates benefit programs to current team members, both verbally and through written documentation as needed. Calculates vacation/sick leave for team members on TDI. Calculates scheduled work hours for team members on Workmen''s Compensation leave and credits appropriate vacation hours to eligible team members upon anniversary date. Reports all adjustments to payroll. Calculates vacation hours and rate(s) of pay for vacation hours for terminating team members.
- Participates in New Hire Orientation by familiarizing New Hires with all aspects of the Benefits program. Provides information on Vacation and Sick Leave forms and procedures, TDI, Long Term Disability, Investment Plans, etc.
- Perform new team member onboarding and other employment related tasks, including but not limited to, coordinating scheduled with applicable departments, collecting required new hire documents, preparing folders, entering information into HR Systems and maintain records, tracking employment documents.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School diploma required. College diploma preferred.
One year of experience in an administrative support function required. Previous Human Resources and/or payroll experience preferred. Hotel experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of hotel-related jobs and their basic functions.
- Knowledge of hotel team members, department personnel and positions.
- Knowledge of all department''s functionality, hotel facilities and services.
- Ability to effectively deal with team members and customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with team members and customers, understand reports and related correspondence and accurately perform all essential job functions.
- Mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments.
- Ability to analyze information from different sources, create reports and make effective judgments.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system utilizing MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and other related software programs.
- Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform essential job functions for an extended period of time.
- Ability to travel to various locations throughout the property, utilizing stairs, ramps, elevators and escalators.
- Ability to use various office equipment, including, but not limited to, typewriters, calculators, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
- Ability to bend and reach to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials and equipment weighing up to 25 lbs.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
O Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
Living the Values
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide''s Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible