An Finance Intern is responsible for performing work in the finance department, performing various jobs and learning essential and supportive functions. Assist in department projects as needed.
What will I be doing?
An Finance Intern is responsible for performing work in the finance department, performing various jobs and learning essential and supportive functions. Assist in department projects as needed. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assists the Staff Accountant with such duties as reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, journal entries, month-end closing procedures, cash over/short tracking and monthly house bank audits.
- Assists the Staff Accountant with such duties as processing credit card refunds, posting daily income journals to the General Ledger.
- Assists the Staff Accountant with inputting budget and forecasts into HLBFS.
- Assists with Assistant Front Office Manager duties, including but not limited to, interacting with guests and team members, listening and extending assistance to resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. May assist with scheduling, monitoring productivity and communication of pertinent information to the staff.
- Participates in various projects and activities as assigned by the Director of Quality Training, Director of Front Office, Director of Guest Services and other key hotel departments. Plans, develops and completes special projects as assigned by key hotel departments.
- Complete daily tracking from multiple sources. Assist in tracking room revenue data, team member productivity, team member attendance and other data as needed. Compose and type correspondence to internal and external guests using proper grammar, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Completes required documentation and prepares project reports/presentations as required.
- Prepares and submits reports on work-week activities at established intervals. Reports should follow established corporate guidelines and should be completed in a timely manner, utilizing proper grammar and punctuation.
- Meets with Director of Quality Training and Director of Front Office to review special assignments, guest satisfaction data and other reports.
- Attends various relevant training sessions provided by Hilton Hawaiian Village or other agencies.
- Ability to obtain strong knowledge of Rooms Division operations.
- Ability to gain an understanding of the overall operation of the hotel and the networking process within the hotel.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English language, to understand reports and related correspondence and accurately perform all essential job functions.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers (some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy) to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to move up to 100 lbs. with wheeled assistance.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and to lift lighter objects overhead.
- Ability to input and retrieve information from a moderately complex computer system. Ability to use Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Ability to use various office equipment, including but not limited to, typewriters, calculators, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible