A Wine Steward is responsible forrecommending and serving wine to guests according to established standards toenhance the overall dining experience and ensure guest satisfaction for allrestaurants including Bali-By-The-Sea, Golden Dragon, Village Steak and Seafoodand Rainbow Lanai.
What will I be doing?
A Wine Steward is responsible forrecommending and serving wine to guests according to established standards toenhance the overall dining experience and ensure guest satisfaction for allrestaurants including Bali-By-The-Sea, Golden Dragon, Village Steak and Seafoodand Rainbow Lanai. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing thefollowing tasks to the highest standards:
- Serves wine to guests by opening bottles and pouring wine for guests. Ensures that adequate inventory of clean supplies and equipment are on hand, i.e., stemware, baskets, crystal ware, decanters.
- Promotes wine purchases by informing customers of different wine types and recommending wines appropriately.
- Develops and maintains wine lists. Maintains and organizes wine inventory and cellars by storing wine in proper positions, bin number and sequence. Ensures proper cellar temperatures are maintained. Requires lifting, carrying, or otherwise transporting up to 50 lbs. or up to 200 lbs. while using a hand cart/truck.
- Orders and receives wine deliveries, controlling purchases as needed, in anticipation of guests'' needs.
- Sets up and maintains attractive wine displays to encourage guest purchases.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education,training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills andabilities. High school diploma preferred.
Two years food service background,one year wine sales experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain TuberculosisClearance Certificate. Ability to obtain Honolulu Liquor Commission yellowcard. CPR Certification and First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain aneat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language inaddition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL ANDABILITY
The individual must possess thefollowing knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain anddemonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, withor without reasonable accommodation.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to assess and ensure proper inventory levels and portion sizes.
- Knowledge of all types of wines, their characteristics, when and how they were grown, and vineyards.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations, to include rules of etiquette, food preparation, service equipment, quality food presentation and guest relations.
- Ability to read the English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, and similar written materials.
- Ability to speak the English language sufficient to impart information to guests, managers and staff.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of wines.
- Ability to move throughout a crowded room to serve guests.
- Ability to grasp, lift or otherwise carry equipment or supplies on a hand cart/truck weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to grasp, lift or carry equipment or supplies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
Since being founded in 1919, Hiltonhas been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beaconof innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result ofour Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically,we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for thedemonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading globalhospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-servicehotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly acentury, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest inaccommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuingits tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unitesus as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the worldevery day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract