What will I be doing?
- Plan the welding actions needed to complete the requested project.
- Follow all safety measures to minimize the risk of work accidents.
- Communicate the status of various projects to people who work different shifts.
- Review blueprints and understand how the welding project fits into the broader construction plan.
- Choose the proper equipment and prepare it so that it is ready to weld.
- Take apart large ships, airplanes, or trains and possibly repair for future use.
- Work as part of a team that constructs bridges, tunnels, or architectural marvels.
- Physical endurance. Part of the welder working conditions implies standing or working in difficult positions for extended periods of time. They need to be able to cut materials in all work environments and engage in manual labor for the majority of the day.
- Physical strength. Some welding equipment can be quite heavy and used in areas that require a lot of concentration such as at heights or underwater. Thus, the welder job description states that the right person needs to be able to lift a certain amount of weight or work in uncomfortable positions.
- Spatial reasoning skills. Visualizing how different pieces of metal fit together in a finished product is a necessity for welders. They will work from two and three-dimensional blueprints and assemble materials correctly.
Detail oriented skills. Welders need to cut metals to the right length, observe changes in the metal has it is getting hot and adjust the fusion based on changes that happen in the melding process.It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
- Previous experience in a similar role
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create
- Job type
- Ash Shati, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible