Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines is seeking a Garde Manger Sous Chef to join their culinary team!
This stunning property overlooks Torrey Pines Golf Course and the Pacific Ocean with 394 rooms, over 60,000 square feet of banquet space, and 4 food and beverage outlets. These outlets include the award-winning 3-meal restaurant and lounge, coffee cafe, seasonal pool cafe, and in-room dining.
We are looking for a driven and passionate individual looking to break into management and grow their culinary career with a Fortune 500 company! At least 1 year of kitchen leadership and banquet experience are a must. Fine dining experience and bilingual in Spanish are a plus.
What will I be doing?
As Garde Manager Sous Chef, you would be responsible for assisting with the direction and oversight of all culinary operations in Garde Manger kitchen in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, a Garde Manger Sous Chef would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in the direction and oversight of culinary operations in the Garde Manger kitchen, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Stock and maintain par levels for designated food station(s)
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- La Jolla, San Diego, CA, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible