You will be part of leading the Food & Beverage Team that looks after our customers - both internal and external. This will involve catering for our guest''s food and beverage needs, whether it is in the restaurant, bar, in-room dining or Hilton meetings, as well as creating a relaxed, friendly and fun environment that can be called home.
• Oversee Restaurant (being on the floor during key periods) ensuring all guests receive their requirements in a timely manner, according to Hilton Brand Standards.
• In conjunction with other F&B supervisors, make recommendations, when necessary, on and Food and Beverage operational policies/ systems that are required to improve the performance/ efficiency of an area and assist in the implementation and review thereof.
• Maintain the cleanliness and general upkeep of the restaurant ensuring all areas (front and back of house) are hygienic and meet the OH&S criteria.
• Ensure sections are allocated, where applicable, and that duties have been assigned to the Food and Beverage Attendants, ensuring the highest standards of service and cleanliness are understood and actively followed at all times.
• In conjunction with the F&B Manager, work to ensure the quality of food, service and productivity are measured against the Hilton International Brand Standards and local Health Regulations Act.
• Carry out all other duties as requested by F&B Manager within reason.
• Provide feedback on team members'' performance, development opportunities and operational matters. Work to ensure that Team Turnover is minimised.
• Be involved/ responsible for the recruitment of new team members and then adhere to all procedures relating to new team members as laid out by Human Resources.
• Be responsible for ensuring ALL Team Members meet the grooming standards on shift and feedback any issues relating to uniforms via the Duty Manager Log.
• Conduct or work with the Food and Beverage skills trainer to ensure training of new and existing team members, ensuring Hotel, Outlet standards are always adhered to and Skills Manuals (SOP''s), Welcome Kits and Product Knowledge, TBS Brand Standards are used.
• Attend weekly and monthly F&B meetings and any other meetings so delegated.
• Assist in other F&B outlets coverage as required.
- Ensure our guest''s expectations are surpassed on every occasion and should we fall short of achieving this, ensure the guest is followed up and a satisfactory outcome is reached.
- Assist with greeting, seating and fare welling of guests and support other team members carrying out their duties when required. Ultimately ensuring guest satisfaction has been met / surpassed.
- Report any guest comments from the shift and general comments on the running of the shift in the Daily Log Book, ensuring financial results are accurately recorded.
- In conjunction with the F&B Manager, respond to guest feedback within 24 hours and ensure management of any guest feedback is done so in an appropriate manner
- Manage the sale and supply of alcohol to all patrons at all times.
- Responsible for the rostering including forecasting and payroll control.
- Liaise with the F&B Manager to ensure all ordering and management of beverage stock for the restaurant is on time and that adequate par levels exist in the restaurant.
- Ensure that you maximise revenue growth through the Guest Utilisation Factor and by attracting walk-in business.
- Maximise the revenue potential of the Food and Beverage Department.
- Produce monthly reports on the restaurant units and discuss results with all your team keeping them up to date on outlet performance.
- Be pro-active in developing team and individual skills
- Be self-motivated and perform to the highest level
- Ensure you regularly attend communication meetings held within the department
- Ensure the Job Skills Program (JSP) is followed
- Ensure training records are kept updated and planned training completed
- Ensure communication between F&B and all other areas of the hotel is professional, efficient and thorough
Workplace Health and Safety Management
- Ensure all Team members comply with the Health & Safety policy statement, H&S policies and procedures and the relevant H&S Business Plan
- Work in a safe manner, providing a safe workplace to all employees
- Use protective/safety equipment wherever provided and required, as well as Team members
- Accurate and timely reporting of all hazards, incidents and work related injuries to your manager
- Participate in Health & Safety committee meetings as required
- Undertake workplace audits in accordance with H&S plan
- Ensure all Team Members are appropriately trained in the procedures in the event of emergencies such as fire, bomb, in line with Hotel/Company policy and legislation
The Person – Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Desirable to have a Food Safety Training Certificate – Level 1 (minimum).
- Desirable to have a Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.
- Desirable to have a completed Hospitality Management degree.
- Two plus years'' experience in a similar Restaurant Manager/Supervisor role.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Taupo, New Zealand
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible