A Night Auditor maintains the professional financial standards of the hotel by managing end-of-day reports, ensuring accuracy, and reporting anomalies.
- Ensuring that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected – every guest, every time.
Making sure that on the shift everyone is briefed about incoming and outgoingGuests, and any possible issues which may occur, thus ensuring seamless service delivery.
- Checking Guest preferences and profiles so that our return Guests get a perfect stay with all of their individual and personalised requests adhered to, or alternatives arranged when this is not possible.
- Pro-actively assist the hotel team in solving any Guest issues or complaints, encouraging the team to use their initiative and empowerment guidelines and endeavouring not to leave it for the next shift.
- Actively check SALT, Trip Advisor etc. to view comments and make recommendations to improve our service levels.
- Complete your shift log books, making sure that all guest activity is noted and followed up so that there is no duplication or miscommunication for the next shift.
- Make sure that guest profiles are updated in CRM to make sure that we have the most accurate and up to date information about our Guests to hand at all times.
- Welcome and look after our HHonors Guests making sure that their benefits are delivered and explained.
- Ensure that both you and your team have good product knowledge so that you can give our Guests the best service and advice possible.
- Be hands on and on the desk whenever possible, leading the way and showing a shining example of hospitality to the team.
- Overseeing the night cleaner and porter, monitoring their attendance and helping them with any issues they may have.
- Communicating any issues that cannot be dealt with overnight to the relevant department heads by email or direct contact.
- Ensure good cooperation and regular exchange of information with all departments.
- Work cooperatively with the Front Desk team to facilitate efficient process and positive guest experiences.
- Ensuring that all our team conduct themselves in a manner consistent with good Occupational Safety and Health practices.
- Helping to train any new or existing team members in practices or skills on the Front Desk
- Participate in regular communication meetings and training as scheduled to improve self and department standards.
The Person: Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Strong in developing relationships with team members, accounts, representatives and other key business partners
- A minimum of one years previous Front Desk/Night Audit experience
- Customer Focused
- Sales driven
- Excellent people motivator
- Good communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Excellent and fluent in written & spoken English
- Computer literate, experience with OnQ
- Job type
- Taupo, New Zealand
- Starting in
- As soon as possible