As Events Office Manager, you will be responsible for the successful event planning and overall execution of all Conference & Events that take place within the hotel. The Events Manager will interact frequently with customers and Guests to learn about their needs and develop relationships from which to earn repeat and expanded business.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maximise all Meeting & Events Sales revenue opportunities through up selling of function items
- Ensure the highest standards of Event Management are in place including building relationships with new/existing customers in order to secure rollover business
- Manage the department''s day-to-day operations and activities, whereas implementation of the selling strategy yields meetings and events space
- Ensure the Meeting & Events Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
- Build strong relationships with customers, Guests and Team Members in order to gain full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively
- Accurate administration and control of all Meetings and Events related reservations and blocks
- To ensure that all Function Sheets are handed over the Food and Beverage Operations Team every week for the following 7- 10 days outline and that all the information is accurate, confirmed and billing details documented and in line with the credit policy
- To meet & greet nominated conference contact or organizer to check on their satisfaction and the set up of the meeting rooms on the day of the event
- To conduct Show rounds for companies & agents in line with the Company policy
- To support the Food & Beverage operations and room reservations team with information as required
- To ensure all information is relayed to the Chef and Operations Team in a timely manner to ensure they can order and roster effectively
- Attend Sales events, as required
- To support in other properties within the Cluster as required, according to the business needs
- To complete Conference and events forecasting on a weekly and monthly basis and attend commercial meetings to support said forecast.
- To attend leadership meetings as part of hotel leadership team and contribute accordingly.
- Additional Sales Involvement:
- Review business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments'' adherence to achieving that strategy
- To raise invoices for Events in line with quotations and forward them to the accounts departments on a daily basis with relevant back up documentation to expedite payment
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Able to develop positive working relationships at all levels
- To create a positive image
- Good personal presentation
- Good understanding of C&E business
- Company/competitor awareness
- Previous experience working in an Event Planning Environment
- Good administration skills
- Good organization skills
- Proven customer service experience
- Able to ‘close'' a sale
- Previous experience in a Sales environment – either proactive or reactive
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- England, United Kingdom
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible